PDA

View Full Version : A Salty Newb Question

stockwellsm
12-07-22, 05:10 PM
Hey all,

Haven't been around in a very long time but got the itch to play SH4/5 and I know how great mods can be... but I am a little confused as it appears Steam causes some issues with mods (as opposed to us OG's that bought disks years ago). So when downloading should we download SH4 into its own folder outside of Steam?:ping: I downloaded it and it's in the protected files, so would it be easier to remove and reinstall? The bottom line is how to get around steam when installing mods? I did search the forums but I am a little cloudy on the direction. Sorry, for the trouble but thanks for the help.

TIA :salute:

1Patriotofmany
12-07-22, 06:13 PM
Yes remove via the steam menu and reinstall, make sure your Sh4 folder is removed from "your documents" folder also manually before reinstalling. You can install it to Steam library in the options on the steam download menu. Use that as an original copy that you don't touch, then copy the contents to any mod folders you might want to.

Aktungbby
12-07-22, 10:27 PM
stockwellsm!:Kaleun_Salute: back on surface...after 12 year's 'silent running'!:up:

les green01
12-08-22, 12:20 AM
honest i never had a problem running mods though steam as long wasn't install in program files

1Patriotofmany
12-09-22, 01:10 PM
Missed that part. I haven't had any problems with steam either. Have had problems with multiple mods in the same folder. I use separate clean copies and folders for each mod.