PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hunter 3 (GWX) U-boat name not changing when getting a new boat.

Steve_i400
09-10-22, 11:46 AM
Hello, I have a quick question about what I think may be a bug. Whenever I get a new U-boat in a campaign it keeps the name from the old one, which is a little annoying and immersion breaking. I don't want to be the captain of the U-6 Type IXB submarine, it just sounds goofy! So, am I doing something wrong? how do I get the game to actually give me new U-boats?

Notes:

I'm running the game with GWX3 gold edition and ARB widescreen GUI
I know that the name can probably be changed in the game files but I would like to get the game to do it for me, otherwise it feels like cheating.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion!

Fifi
09-10-22, 01:05 PM
Hello, I have a quick question about what I think may be a bug. Whenever I get a new U-boat in a campaign it keeps the name from the old one, which is a little annoying and immersion breaking. I don't want to be the captain of the U-6 Type IXB submarine, it just sounds goofy! So, am I doing something wrong? how do I get the game to actually give me new U-boats?

Notes:

I'm running the game with GWX3 gold edition and ARB widescreen GUI
I know that the name can probably be changed in the game files but I would like to get the game to do it for me, otherwise it feels like cheating.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestion!

Recommended to use SH3 Commander application :yep:
With this, you can change your sub number and plenty others things!
(For GWX, there are spécial add on files to include in Commander)

:Kaleun_Salute:

Steve_i400
09-11-22, 05:20 AM
Recommended to use SH3 Commander application :yep:
With this, you can change your sub number and plenty others things!
(For GWX, there are spécial add on files to include in Commander)

:Kaleun_Salute:
Thanks for the suggestion! I might try this, though I had hoped there would be a way for the game itself to do it without me tinkering with it, but I guess it's not possible.

RConch
09-11-22, 07:10 AM
It is not at all difficult to install and improves the whole game.