PDA

View Full Version : No Conning Tower and more??

l02turner
07-22-22, 10:37 AM
Ahoy! I thought I knock off a game this morning and selected a Quick Mission "Battle off Samar" and when the game launched, I went to start the engines as I always do and the crew repeated my command,, then said Cannot Comply. I tried several different missions and a patrol and all did the same. Also, when I checked the external camera, I found I had no conning tower! Went to the torpedo rooms and found I had no fish. Remember, this is a new game with no crew fatigue of prior shots at the Japanese.
BTW, I did add JSGME and the Dimmer and Decoy mods but even after I removed the folder from it's position and pit it in a Save location.

I assume I will need to go ahead and uninstall/install the game? Not sure what I did to get the result?

I am running this game from a store bought CD that's installed on my HDD.

propbeanie
07-22-22, 12:03 PM
Need more data...

Where did you install the game? What mods have you added to the game? Did you empty the Save folder after adding the mods? What you describe is symptomatic of a partial / improper mod activation, which can result from either failing to empty the Save folder, or from having the game in a Program Files folder.

1Patriotofmany
07-22-22, 12:04 PM
What version are you using? 1.4 or 1.5? Not sure what you mean when you said about removing JSGME to a save location? Just un activate the mods you installed and try again. If you are using 1.4 I'm not sure that the mods or even JSGME is compatible with it.

Mad Mardigan
07-22-22, 12:21 PM
What version are you using? 1.4 or 1.5? Not sure what you mean when you said about removing JSGME to a save location? Just un activate the mods you installed and try again. If you are using 1.4 I'm not sure that the mods or even JSGME is compatible with it.

JSGME, will work with either SH4 v1.4 or 1.5, just so you know... so, it doesn't matter which sis used for that.

What does matter, is... & what does NOT work is using mods for v1.4 with SH4 v1.5, &... mods for v1.5 with SH4 v1.4 (or earlier... version/s of it). :yep:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

l02turner
07-22-22, 12:58 PM
Thx for the replies! I have SH4. I tried 2 Mods - Dimmer to dim spotlights and Decoys to make decoys more effective. Other than that, is it a stock SH4 from a CD.
The game folder is C:\documents\WOTP\.
Again, using SH4 without v1.4 installed (because I could never get past the Red pop-up saying a User has prevented me installing it. I cut/pasted JSGME in a temp folder to test SH4 without it. But I'll probably uninstall SH4 & re-install it and may or may not re-try JSGME. Thx again for the help --:slowly:

Mad Mardigan
07-22-22, 01:25 PM
Thx for the replies! I have SH4. I tried 2 Mods - Dimmer to dim spotlights and Decoys to make decoys more effective. Other than that, is it a stock SH4 from a CD.
The game folder is C:\documents\WOTP\.
Again, using SH4 without v1.4 installed (because I could never get past the Red pop-up saying a User has prevented me installing it. I cut/pasted JSGME in a temp folder to test SH4 without it. But I'll probably uninstall SH4 & re-install it and may or may not re-try JSGME. Thx again for the help --:slowly:

:doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :hmmm:

l02turner
07-23-22, 09:42 AM
Hi all - I used the CD to repair the game files and it seems like my problems went away. I'll probably try to add JSGME and some Mods and see what happens - hopefully there will be no issues. Thanks for all the response -