PDA

View Full Version : Deck watch problem

Rob Jacobsen
07-15-22, 11:14 AM
I'm on the surface in the USS Drum (Gato) about 170nm ESE of the southern coast of Kyushu with all the deck-watch slots filled, each watch group showing 80 to 90 percent efficient. The overall efficiency bar, however, barely registers in the red--maybe 5 percent--and no one is on the bridge in the external view. Fatigue is low to middling across the board, health is 100 percent, and my only damage is to hydrophones.

What am I missing?

UPDATE: It was a program hiccup. I saved the game, exited to Windows, reopened the program, loaded the saved game, and found all as it should be!

PS: I'm about 210 nm from the heart of my second patrol objective, patrolling the East China Sea. The first was an agent-insertion, which had its own challenges. I crawled closer and closer, eventually running aground at 1 kt at 4 am because the launch-boat icon didn't appear. I had to reverse off the rocky seabed and reapproach before I saw the icon appear and got the boat off.

Now I have 1 torpedo left along with 70 AP rounds and no HE. But I've put 99,314 tons on the bottom. So far, so good.

Mad Mardigan
07-15-22, 11:45 AM
I'm on the surface in the USS Drum (Gato) about 170nm ESE of the southern coast of Kyushu with all the deck-watch slots filled, each watch group showing 80 to 90 percent efficient. The overall efficiency bar, however, barely registers in the red--maybe 5 percent--and no one is on the bridge in the external view. Fatigue is low to middling across the board, health is 100 percent, and my only damage is to hydrophones.

What am I missing?

Hmmm.... :hmmm:

By chance... do you have the crew... locked into 'Battle Stations'.... perchance.???? :hmmm:

Sounds like that is the cause of your... malaise, there...

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.

Rob Jacobsen
07-15-22, 11:56 AM
Hmmm.... :hmmm:

By chance... do you have the crew... locked into 'Battle Stations'.... perchance.???? :hmmm:

Sounds like that is the cause of your... malaise, there...

M. M.

Thanks, Admiral. It turned out to be a program hiccup (I updated my comment). But I have made the mistake of forgetting to end battle stations in the past and presumably got an earful from my COB.

Mad Mardigan
07-15-22, 12:44 PM
Thanks, Admiral. It turned out to be a program hiccup (I updated my comment). But I have made the mistake of forgetting to end battle stations in the past and presumably got an earful from my COB.

If... it had turned out NOT to be that... then doing a hot flash save... such as you did... would have been the follow up recommendation. :yep:

This... hot saving, is also useful.... in the event of noting that your... C02 levels, don't drop back to 0%, after having surfaced... too.

1 thing to note, though... is whatever conditions, (sadly) that are... current, or ongoing at the time... such as say... bad weather... repairs to damages... progress of repairs, most notably... will on reload, restart up oft times... back at square 1, weather, will have the timer also reset... but, of the 2... repairs & weather, in My opinion... weather is the lesser evil of the 2. But... that's just My own .02 c worth on that. :shucks:

On that note... am glad you were able to get things... dare I say it, awww... what the heck... 'Ship shape'. :haha: :D but... in all seriousness, am glad you were able to get it sorted out. :yep: :shucks: :up:

M. M.