PDA

View Full Version : SH3 no more

TooJaded
03-30-22, 05:16 PM
Sadly I encountered some issues were it was no longer possible to load saved games with my current install of SH3. Its not the first time I ran into issues with it. The current playthrough was infact my 4th attempt to start a career. I have decided not to waste any further time or effort trying to get this old game to work and am now considering switching over to SH5. Can anyone recommend any good mods for this game or is SH5 stable enough on its own?

Its either that or I wait for Uboat to come out of early access.

I'm still in the mood for some sub sim gaming and thats a good sign, right?

FUBAR295
03-30-22, 06:08 PM
Are you using a super mod? If so, what is it. How about including a list of mod that have been activated, as it may be a issue with mod(s) conflict.

Pisces
03-31-22, 04:06 AM
There is a bug in SH3 where sometimes your career profile becomes invisible in the game. Simply a mater of adding a character to the name of the folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\SH3\data\cfg\Careers\ and it should show up again.

TooJaded
04-01-22, 10:28 AM
It was nothing special. It was basically GWX 3, SH3 commander and jsgme (was that its name) with the basic mods. It loads up the save, then the game would freeze and crash. Not the first time its done this, this career was the 4th attempt. I did manage to get to the third war patrol, then kaput.

Mad Mardigan
04-01-22, 01:37 PM
It was nothing special. It was basically GWX 3, SH3 commander and jsgme (was that its name) with the basic mods. It loads up the save, then the game would freeze and crash. Not the first time its done this, this career was the 4th attempt. I did manage to get to the third war patrol, then kaput.

If you were using the older set up, especially where it pertains to the SH3Cmdr, then... this is likely where your issue lays. As I recall, there is an additional set of files & such, that need to be added int it, for the set up to work now... :hmmm:

Where those add ins for it, are located... can't recall right off... but am sure 1 of the others, may be able & willing, to point a search light at it.... for you. :shucks: :yep:

Just to let it be known...

there is a workup of GWX, put together by OneAlex, as well... that is , simpler to set up. They (OneAlex) were (up until the situation in their home country began... Ukraine, to be exact) keeping it updated.

For now, updates on it are on hold & from 1 to another.. it is My fervent prayer, that they come through... as relatively unscathed, as is humanly possible.

There is a dearth of other mod sets, as well... just that 1Alex's is the simplest to grab, unzip & set up that I am aware of... thus far, at this time.

Hope this info helps... :shucks: :yep: :up:

:Kaleun_Salute:

M. M.