PDA

View Full Version : Torpedo Settings

pmaura
09-21-21, 10:36 AM
so refired up this game added the neru mod.

Now what I am wondering because torpedos suck donkey balls , does firing at a low speed and on contact help alleviate the dud torp.

Arlo
09-21-21, 11:07 AM
Yes ... but they're easier to dodge. I don't generally use the long range/low speed unless its night or poor weather. But I'm getting better at long range shots. :)

pmaura
09-21-21, 11:19 AM
I unloaded 8 torpedoes at a stationary merchamant in a harbor, 8 duds

Arlo
09-21-21, 11:24 AM

It's possible. Also, if you're not perfectly aligned, dud or not the torps may be hitting piers and causing no damage. I see my chief with the torpedo skill being able to fiddle with the torps as a great advantage. Oh, and I do all my stationary harbor shots on low speed. :salute:

Bubblehead1980
09-21-21, 07:44 PM

Much like real life skippers, prior to September/October 1943, its a crap shoot on whether you get a dud or not. Low speed setting does reduce chances slightly due to less speed at impact. Also, trying firing so the torpedoes impact at an angle of 45 degrees or less. These "glancing" blows reduce dud chances as well, as did in real life, but can be difficult to get set up for these shots and less likely to hit since aiming not at the ships broadside. However, you will still get duds no matter what you do.

Ludwig van Hursh
09-24-21, 08:18 AM

Sounds like you have to call up BuOrd and give them a piece of your mind....right after Admiral King of course and he looks more pissed off than usual.

KaleunMarco
09-25-21, 09:43 AM
Sounds like you have to call up BuOrd and give them a piece of your mind....right after Admiral King of course and he looks more pissed off than usual.

yes, i have a classmate in BuOrd and we have had conversations on this topic.:D