PDA

View Full Version : Reshade- graphics modifier for 3D games

swdw
08-31-21, 09:51 AM
Just downloaded this and gave it a try. Worked with no issues.

So what does it do? This loads a bunch of filters that can be applied to the game and allows graphic settings adjustments not in the original game.

For one example, you can enable SMAA.
It also gives ultimate control over many settings. You can adjust either FXAA or SMAA in ways no video card will allow.

You can change gamma, exposure saturation and other settings with the tone map filter.

Has some fun filters for looks that I wouldn't use to play the game, but would make interesting screen shots.

I've just been playing with it, but the default filter list includes well over 30 filters. You just select the ones you want to apply and leave the others deactivated.

Basically, it gives you as many effects and filters to play with as an advanced video editor does, but these are applied to your game.

Presets can be saved and shared. You install it for each game, so using it on SH4 will not affect any other game.

It also has a raytracing plugin that works with it I obviously haven't tried yet.

Will post more info with screenshots later, but wanted to give a heads up. If you are interested, it's available here.
https://reshade.me/

Basic tutorial
https://youtu.be/e2qKbNzoMM0

Raytracing plugin tutorial (need a higher end card)
https://youtu.be/V-kVhEr_tUc

fitzcarraldo
08-31-21, 12:18 PM
Just downloaded this and gave it a try. Worked with no issues.

So what does it do? This loads a bunch of filters that can be applied to the game and allows graphic settings adjustments not in the original game.

For one example, you can enable SMAA.
It also gives ultimate control over many settings. You can adjust either FXAA or SMAA in ways no video card will allow.

You can change gamma, exposure saturation and other settings with the tone map filter.

Has some fun filters for looks that I wouldn't use to play the game, but would make interesting screen shots.

I've just been playing with it, but the default filter list includes well over 30 filters. You just select the ones you want to apply and leave the others deactivated.

Basically, it gives you as many effects and filters to play with as an advanced video editor does, but these are applied to your game.

Presets can be saved and shared. You install it for each game, so using it on SH4 will not affect any other game.

It also has a raytracing plugin that works with it I obviously haven't tried yet.

Will post more info with screenshots later, but wanted to give a heads up. If you are interested, it's available here.
https://reshade.me/

I use ReShade in SH4 and SH5. Works very fine in both.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Deepslick
09-05-21, 05:14 AM
I use ReShade in SH4 and SH5. Works very fine in both.

Hi, could I bother you for some presets or if you could point me to some presets?

sh4 is dx9 and sh5 is dx10?

fitzcarraldo
09-05-21, 08:03 AM
Hi, could I bother you for some presets or if you could point me to some presets?

sh4 is dx9 and sh5 is dx10?

Both are dx9.

The presets depend of your graphics card, but I will put here my presets as a file.

Regards.

Niume
09-05-21, 10:26 AM
i would also would like to get some presets

swdw
09-06-21, 08:15 PM
I'm still playing with this, so don't have finished presets to share yet.

hughesjr
09-08-21, 03:30 AM
I am not doing reshsde.. But I am using the lossless scaling app from steam.

In both SH3 and SH4 I am playing on a 4k monitor, but playing a different resolution. (1920x1080 for SH3, 2560x1440 for SH4).

What lossless scaling does is expand the game in a window to 4k full screen using AMD FSR. This is much better than the normal full screen mode using default scaling via the video card. It also solves my mouse being way to touchy in the periscope and guns.

I already had lossless scaling for some other games like Stardew Valley and some of the older Railroad Tycoon games so I decided to try it in SH3 and SH4.. I was pleasantly surprised.