PDA

View Full Version : Which way do your exterior doors open?

Dowly
07-16-21, 01:21 PM
A bit random, but I'm compiling a list I got to thinking about it as I've seen some countries have them open outwards (such as Finland) and some countries inwards.

Jimbuna
07-16-21, 01:24 PM
The front of the property inwards and the rear outwards....so I can't really vote.

Dowly
07-16-21, 01:26 PM
The front of the property inwards and the rear outwards....so I can't really vote.
I made it a multiple choice poll. :yep:

Jimbuna
07-16-21, 01:28 PM
Yeah but both or either is missing.

Dowly
07-16-21, 01:36 PM
Well damn. It seems we are in quite a pickle.

Ok, how about this: Think of which door of the two you like more than the other, and vote based on that. :D

mapuc
07-16-21, 01:36 PM
My front door goes inwards, while my garden door goes outwards.

Markus

Skybird
07-16-21, 02:01 PM
My front door weighs 150 kg, is 8 cm thick of massive wood and three layers of steel, the lock has a magnetic key cylinder and the door leaf is anchored in the frame with 33 anchor points and 8 locking bars. It does not swing any direction if I do not want it. :D

u crank
07-16-21, 02:15 PM
Both doors swing in. In a climate that we have here in Canada it is wise to have your doors swing in lest a heavy snowfall prevents an outswing door from opening.

fireftr18
07-16-21, 07:44 PM
Our main doors swing in. The storm doors swing out.

MaDef
07-16-21, 09:19 PM
Security door swings out, entrance door swings in, and the back door & screen slides 4' to the left.

Buddahaid
07-16-21, 10:59 PM
Two doors inward on the main habitation floor and two doors outward on the lower gound floor. One fence gate swings outward and the other swings inward.

I'm starting to feel confused about my gender....:arrgh!:

MaDef
07-17-21, 12:12 AM
I'm starting to feel confused about my gender....Stand naked in front of a mirror, if you have an innee, you're a girl. If you have an outee you're a guy. Simple.

Buddahaid
07-17-21, 12:34 AM
That's too simple, it must be a trap!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA

Catfish
07-17-21, 03:56 AM
It is a small house, but we have five exterior doors, all opening inward. There's an exterior door in every room but the bath one, and none in the first floor obviously (second one in american notation).

Eichhörnchen
07-17-21, 04:36 AM
Both doors swing in. In a climate that we have here in Canada it is wise to have your doors swing in lest a heavy snowfall prevents an outswing door from opening.

You know this is the first thing that occurred to me when he said that in Finland they swing outwards... i.e. how do they get out of the bloody house after a heavy snowfall?

stoppro
07-17-21, 06:11 AM
out makes it stronger for hurricanes

Dowly
07-17-21, 08:55 AM
You know this is the first thing that occurred to me when he said that in Finland they swing outwards... i.e. how do they get out of the bloody house after a heavy snowfall?
Can't say that's ever been a problem. :hmmm: Our doors are regulated by law to open outwards for safety reasons.

Jeff-Groves
07-17-21, 09:04 AM
My storm doors swing out. The main doors swing in.
I find the swing of the storm doors also handy to slam into the faces of unwanted sales people!
:har:

My rule if snow is so deep I can't open the storm doors?
Stay inside!
:03: