PDA

View Full Version : Took the plunge, first questions

Otto Harkaman
07-09-21, 11:08 AM
Just purchased "CMO" from Matrix. First question how to add new music? Even though I like the music installed, I am going to tire of it.

Sunburn
07-10-21, 01:40 AM
Hi,

Inside the installation folder there is a \Sound\Music subfolder, which contains the music tracks. You can replace them or add your own.

Otto Harkaman
08-14-22, 05:47 AM
Well have to jump back into CMO, its been a year since I got the program.

I've found it very hard to learn. A lot to take in all at once if you haven't been involved in the current military.

Sunburn
08-15-22, 01:03 AM
Make sure you take a look at Phil Gatcomb's tutorial series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLumwWCWlwh39mBwwGJh-LE4_KWwLobkoT

Otto Harkaman
08-09-23, 03:15 AM
^ Thx Sunburn

Just downloaded the new updates.

Sorry this thread gets so many views, nothing here.

Oubaas
08-09-23, 05:50 PM
I'm retired military, so I know what most of the units and systems are. Not all, but most, and I can usually guess with the units and systems with which I am unfamiliar.

If you're not familiar with a lot of military units and systems, use the pause button and look them up. Ideally, have an iPad sitting next to your computer to look things up.

You should also take a look at TacView on Steam. It goes with command, and can be quite handy for various things.

There's also some unit reference in-game, for example, press CTRL and hover your cursor over any unit to get some info.

The game manual is worth reading, and definitely work through the built-in tutorials.

:Kaleun_Cheers:

Otto Harkaman
08-10-23, 04:35 AM
I think I vaguely remember reading somewhere that supposedly with the latest version on CMO scenario building is easier? Most of the available scenarios have way too much going on for me and my computer.

I started on learning CMO, then got distracted, getting the itch to tackle it again.

Oubaas
08-10-23, 05:45 PM
I think I vaguely remember reading somewhere that supposedly with the latest version on CMO scenario building is easier? Most of the available scenarios have way too much going on for me and my computer.

I started on learning CMO, then got distracted, getting the itch to tackle it again.

Yeah, there are some new features, but I haven't really tried them out yet. But I believe custom scenarios are easier now.

In the load screen, if you find the tutorials, each category starts out very, very basic, e.g. the surface warfare tutorial starts you out commanding one patrol boat, interdicting one pirate vessel that's pestering some expedition vessels.

The aviation tutorial starts you out just launching an aircraft and having it navigate around the area.

Once you're comfortable with the basics, each successive tutorial builds on previous tutorials, until you're commanding some complex scenarios with no problem.

The whole thing is more than a game, it's pretty much a hobby in itself. If the base version is missing tutorials, look in the Steam Workshop, and in the game's Guides section on Steam. Also look at the game's forum on the Matrix website. There's a lot of stuff out there for it.

I have TacView and all the DLC, and once you get comfortable with the title, the rest of your games and sims may start gathering dust. But it will take some study, experimenting, and practice to get the most out of CMO.

:Kaleun_Salute: