PDA

View Full Version : The Manchurian Candidate

Otto Harkaman
06-23-21, 07:58 AM
Who would have guessed it would end up being our Media and Academia. Life is stranger than fiction.

Moonlight
06-23-21, 08:46 AM
Is that it then?, you write a piece of nonsense without explaining what the hell you're talking about, does anyone else know who or what he's talking about because I don't.

The Manchurian Candidate
A book and a film, apart from it being a work of fiction I know nothing else about it, are you saying differently? and can you prove it?, if so can you enlighten me and the forum on your superior insider knowledge, if not bugger off and go back to sleep.

mapuc
06-23-21, 12:22 PM
Even I was confused. so I made some research on this Subject Manchurian Candidate
Found following

What does it mean to call someone a Manchurian Candidate?

"a person who is not loyal to, or who harms, their own country or political party because they are under the control or influence of another country or party: Some bloggers hint that a presidential candidate might be a kind of Manchurian candidate."

Even when I have read about this Manchurian Candidate I'm still confused.

Markus

Jimbuna
06-23-21, 12:40 PM
Mutual respect for one another everyone.

3catcircus
06-23-21, 01:23 PM
Even I was confused. so I made some research on this Subject Manchurian Candidate
Found following

What does it mean to call someone a Manchurian Candidate?

"a person who is not loyal to, or who harms, their own country or political party because they are under the control or influence of another country or party: Some bloggers hint that a presidential candidate might be a kind of Manchurian candidate."

Even when I have read about this Manchurian Candidate I'm still confused.

Markus

I get it. Academia is supposed to be enlightened and to seek truth. The media is supposed to report the truth.

When academia chooses to *not* follow scientific methods, when they choose to kowtow to move of leftist activists; when the media reports from a biased position or colludes with academia and government to further a specific narrative that may very well *not* be the truth, then academia and the media are no longer to be trusted.

Mowgli
06-23-21, 02:05 PM
Who would have guessed it would end up being our Media and Academia. Life is stranger than fiction.
I think you should include the Judiciary also.
Great book and also a great film.

August
06-23-21, 03:38 PM
Is that it then?, you write a piece of nonsense without explaining what the hell you're talking about, does anyone else know who or what he's talking about because I don't.

I know exactly what he's talking about and it's not at all nonsense.

Platapus
06-23-21, 04:03 PM

Smells like political BS and would be better off in one of the political BS threads

August
06-23-21, 07:56 PM
Smells like political BS and would be better off in one of the political BS threads

I like it fine right where it is.

em2nought
06-24-21, 02:27 AM
The red queen :03:

https://theorangebastard.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/God-Save-The-Queen-by-Dave-MacDowell.jpg