PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me the difference between those two dials?

gmetzo
12-01-20, 10:28 AM
People I've watched on youtube sometimes use one while other times the other. in all cases they call it AoB but they can't both be for AoB can they? GWX includes both of them but other mods only include one. Usually the bottom one. If someone could clear this one up for me I would be very grateful :Kaleun_Salute:

derstosstrupp
12-01-20, 10:39 AM
Top left is impact angle, that is the angle at which the torpedo will intersect the target. The bottom one is angle on bow - the angle between the target’s bow and your line-of-sight bearing to the target.

That image is from the TDC mod for UBOAT though, SH3 stock got these dials mixed up, and so whenever you play SH3, be sure to test the functionality of the TDC dials you are playing with. Impact angle is not included in SH3, but a bearing dial that looks very similar to it is. And that is what is mixed up with AOB. So to test, click the TDC to input, set an angle on bow, then flip the TDC to update and see if the dial resets to the bearing of your scope.

Aktungbby
12-01-20, 01:37 PM
Great question! That is a very helpful response post!:Kaleun_Salute:

gmetzo
12-02-20, 08:01 AM
So to test, click the TDC to input, set an angle on bow, then flip the TDC to update and see if the dial resets to the bearing of your scope.

I tested it just now. I used the dial that is the bottom one in the image that I linked. After I inputed the AoB and pressed green on the tdc it snapped to my periscope bearing. I also tried it with the other one the one that is the top one in the image that I linked and it did not. So what does that mean exactly? That the AOB dial is the bottom one? ( in the image that I linked. ) And if so the other dial is useless? Or does it have its uses? Sorry if I am getting confused over silly matters. I am a newcomer in manual targeting and I am still figuring things out.