PDA

View Full Version : Gauge Resolution Poor after RFB update

TommyBoy84
04-26-20, 03:18 PM
I'm having issues with the in-ship gauges in the control room and conning tower (NOT the ones at the bottom where you select speed, course, depth).

Ever since I downloaded the most recent RFB patch from January 2019, the resolution of the gauges has dropped so much that they're unreadable. The needles still function, but the numbers and such look to be from a very small image that was just blown up. I never had this problem before -- the gauges were all perfectly clear, far away or up close.

To be clear and fair -- I do not know if the new RFB update caused anything or not. That is just the most recent change I made to my game, which has been running just fine with RFB for many years.

Anybody else had issues with the gauge resolution, or any thoughts on where to poke around to fix them?

TommyBoy84
04-26-20, 03:26 PM
I recalled I made some changes to my system graphics settings to try and improve performance in a different game. I undid those changes, and voila! My gauge resolution was back to normal.

Aktungbby
04-26-20, 03:40 PM
TommyBoy84!:Kaleun_Salute: after a decade's silent run!:up:

propbeanie
04-26-20, 04:38 PM
I'm having issues with the in-ship gauges in the control room and conning tower (NOT the ones at the bottom where you select speed, course, depth).

Ever since I downloaded the most recent RFB patch from January 2019, the resolution of the gauges has dropped so much that they're unreadable. The needles still function, but the numbers and such look to be from a very small image that was just blown up. I never had this problem before -- the gauges were all perfectly clear, far away or up close.

To be clear and fair -- I do not know if the new RFB update caused anything or not. That is just the most recent change I made to my game, which has been running just fine with RFB for many years.

Anybody else had issues with the gauge resolution, or any thoughts on where to poke around to fix them?

I recalled I made some changes to my system graphics settings to try and improve performance in a different game. I undid those changes, and voila! My gauge resolution was back to normal.
Silent Hunter 4 is over a decade old, and does not deal well with certain settings in your graphics stream. What it "likes" to see is you graphics card set to the "Native" resolution of your display monitor. Windows will refer to that as "(preferred)". Then, in the game, on the Options menu, Graphic Settings screen, set the game to the same thing. You might have to scroll down the list if you have a more-modern set-up, but it should be in there. If it isn't, then use a multiple of it, with the same ration, such as 1920x1080 for a 3840x2160, although my menu does have that choice. Text gets ~really~ tiny though... If you make changes to the Graphic Settings in the game, you have to exit the game, then re-start it in order to be able to see the changes. :salute: