PDA

View Full Version : Stand and salute, here are your SUBSIM Best of 2019

Onkel Neal
01-03-20, 07:26 PM
Congratulations to the SUBSIM Best of 2019 winners!

No web forum or community would last long without friendly, thoughtful people contributing their time and talent for the common good. Subsim will be 23 years old in a few weeks, and we owe it to the guys who keep this place fun! Thank you, each and every one,

Onkel Neal

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=994&pictureid=10800

Poster of the Year
Fifi (Dark Waters, previously OMEGU/OpMonsun)
Honorable Mention: FotRSU Mod Team (propbeanie + s7rikeback), derstosstrupp (Wolfpack support)

Midshipman of the Year (new guys)
Mios 4Me

Honorable Mention Randomizer, Noobicum4Ever, AzureSkies, gurudennis

Thread of the Year
Fifi for OM updates and Dark Waters

Funniest Post of the Year
Mr Quatro https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2634712#post2634712

Honorable Mention
Aktungbby https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2584994&postcount=8208
Vienna https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2585036&postcount=8209

Mod/Modder of the Year
vdr1981 for TWoS mega mod

Honorable mention
Fifi (Dark Waters)
GSmith63 (Cold Waters campaign)

Most Helpful Member of the Year
vdr1981, propbeanie

Honorable Mention: THEBERBSTER,

Subsim Facebook Poster of the Year
Jason Jara, fitzcarraldo

Admin's Choice - recognized by the Admin for consistent quality posts, helpfulness, and overall support.

Skybird
UglyMowgli
Rockstar
Niume
blackswan40
ikalugin
NeonsStyle
Buddahaid
fumo30
mapuc
bstanko6

Special Mention
Sailor Steve and Jimbuna for their 100 Years Ago Today thread

Winners will be notified by PM. A Best of SUBSIM 2019 award will be added to their name.

Feel free to comment and congratulate them here.

Thanks to all of you who contributed & nominated, and as always, thanks to the wise moderator team and Red Alert Team. If we missed any worthy candidates, PM me and make your case.;)

Buddahaid
01-03-20, 07:59 PM
Bravo!

fitzcarraldo
01-03-20, 08:19 PM
Reading now....
Many thanks for the award and congrats to all the community for make SUBSIM great for ever.

Best regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute:

propbeanie
01-03-20, 08:36 PM
Wow guys, thanks again for me and the FotRSU team, we really appreciate it. Congratulations to all of the other winners! Thanks to the SubSim team, and to all who participate on the site! It's a great neighborhood where everyone wins just by being here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

and there's good music! :salute:

Aktungbby
01-03-20, 09:04 PM
congrats to all; and to all a congrat!:arrgh!: :Kaleun_Salute:

CPTLTJASON
01-03-20, 09:15 PM
Congrats to all and thank you for voting for me I really appreciate it, it's a great great honor :Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers: Y'all have a Happy New Year:Kaleun_Cheers::Kaleun_Cheers:

Mr Quatro
01-03-20, 09:58 PM
Thank you kindly :yep:

Jim had a funny one too in Aktungbby's award winning posting :up:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna View Post
I always intended to pay for my sins, but I could never afford it.

Mork_417
01-03-20, 10:23 PM
Congrats!!! :salute:

Fifi
01-04-20, 01:26 AM
Wow...many thanks for this awesome award! :yeah:

I want to dedicate this award to Lurker first, with his hard work creating Operation Monsun.
Then, i want to salute the work from S7rikeback, Propbeanie and KaleunMarco my friends who helped me to enhance the original Lurker’s creation.

SH4 is a great platform for U-Boats, at least as good as for US submarines.
Many things remains to be done, each day a little bit more, to raise this platform beyond the iconic SH3 level.
I still believe SH4 can get best of both world SH3 & 5!

Many thanks again guys, and long live U-Boats in SH4! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Randomizer
01-04-20, 03:45 AM
This post went through a half-dozen iterations in an attempt to seem irreverent or humorous. In the end though, the PM from Onkel Neal was one of the nicest surprises I have had in quite some time.

Thank you to the entire SubSim Family: I am humbled and honoured.

-C

Eichhörnchen
01-04-20, 03:46 AM
Well done to you, worthy winners all :Kaleun_Salute:

fumo30
01-04-20, 03:47 AM
I didn't expect this honor, Thank you!
..and congarts to all winners.:Kaleun_Salute:

bstanko6
01-04-20, 04:13 AM
I had no idea I was considered at any time. Thank you so much for the support. It was Subsim that gave me the knowledge, that I hopefully gave back to a newer generation of subsimmers! Thank you very much. Most honored.

Dowly
01-04-20, 04:37 AM
Congrats! :salute:

THEBERBSTER
01-04-20, 05:02 AM
Hi guys
Congatulations to all those who have received this award.
I would like to say a personal thank you to those who took the time to nominate me it is really appreciated.
Peter

blackswan40
01-04-20, 05:49 AM
Wow this is a bolt out of the blue just wow

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/picture.php?albumid=1246&pictureid=10803

I have been a Subsim Member since 2002 as Upholder when we had 8000 Members in the days of SH2 and Destroyer Command we have grown some since then.

Im lost for words (Thats a first Swanny you can normaly talk for England er Limeyville)

Onkel Neal Mentioned Subsim Coming up to her twenty third Birthday.
Heres to the next 23 Years ill drink to that :Kaleun_Cheers:

Ha heres something Fitting could have been written for Subsim

Poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Thou, too, sail on, O Ship of State!
Sail on, O Union, strong and great!
Humanity with all its fears,
With all the hopes of future years,
Is hanging breathless on thy fate!
We know what Master laid thy keel,
What Workmen wrought thy ribs of steel,
Who made each mast, and sail, and rope,
What anvils rang, what hammers beat,
In what a forge and what a heat
Were shaped the anchors of thy hope!
Fear not each sudden sound and shock,
'Tis of the wave and not the rock;
'Tis but the flapping of the sail,
And not a rent made by the gale!
In spite of rock and tempest's roar,
In spite of false lights on the shore,
Sail on, nor fear to breast the sea!
Our hearts, our hopes, are all with thee.
Our hearts, our hopes, our prayers, our tears,
Our faith triumphant o'er our fears,
Are all with thee, -are all with thee!

To all the Other Award Winners keep up the Good Work Guys!

Catfish
01-04-20, 05:56 AM
Congratulations and ~S! :salute:

Thanks for your contributions :)

u crank
01-04-20, 06:12 AM
Congrats to all the winners. Well done.:up:

:salute:

Skybird
01-04-20, 06:34 AM
Caught by surprise, I did not even know I was considered. Thank you! I think there are quite some people on this list deserving it more than I do. In the end I did nothing - I only hang around. Again, thank you.

Jimbuna
01-04-20, 07:21 AM
Congratulations to all of the above recipients and honourable mentions.

You are ALL really a major integral part of what makes this forum so enjoyable for the whole of the community.

~SALUTE~

derstosstrupp
01-04-20, 07:29 AM
Thank you so very much! Thank you Neal for giving us Wolfpack, really inspired me to become a more active member and share what I’ve learned over the years.:Kaleun_Salute:

excel4004
01-04-20, 10:27 AM
Congrats for all the winners!! Happy to read that. Well deserved! :yeah::subsim:

Aktungbby
01-04-20, 11:52 AM
Thank you kindly :yep:

Jim had a funny one too in Aktungbby's award winning posting :up:

Congratulations to all of the above recipients and honourable mentions.

You are ALL really a major integral part of what makes this forum so enjoyable for the whole of the community.

~SALUTE~Well with inspirational 'straightlines' from you, two years running,:yep: to inspire me as MrQuatro points out, I can't miss! Thankyou! :Kaleun_Salute:

mapuc
01-04-20, 12:30 PM
This was an unexpected experience-recieving a medal Best of Subsim.

I'm happy to recieve it and I'm thankfull

I will not make a long speech

Thank you once again

Markus

Rockstar
01-04-20, 12:48 PM
When I saw the PM my first thought was what the hell did I do now to warrant a warning or brig time from Steve? :D Thank you, and a huge congratulations to everyone for making this the best site on the world wide web.

Does this mean I can come over and hangout now? Gee cant I wait to pal around with you guys this is so neato.

Noobicum4Ever
01-04-20, 03:58 PM
Thank you for this gift received on my birthday. I am very happy to be part of the SubSim community. Ever since the first message received from Onkel Neal and continuing with the help of Sailor Steve and THEBERBSTER but also of the other members, I appreciated that it is a friendly community in which the members are respected from the beginning :Kaleun_Cheers:

Thanks Google Translate, without you I would have been so difficult to communicate :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Commander Wallace
01-04-20, 05:30 PM
Congratulations to all the deserving award recipients. :Kaleun_Applaud: Not only are the recipients worthy but help to make Subsim the community it is and very enjoyable.

A special shout out to propbeanie, Blackswan , Fifi and The Berbster for their hard work in various simulations like Operation Monsun and overall enhancements in SH4 and in Peter's case, ( TheBerbster ) for his always helpful attitude in helping others get the most out of their respective simulations.
Well done to all the award winners. :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

captcrane
01-05-20, 10:11 AM
Congratulations to all the winners and honorable mentions you are what makes this site special. I really enjoyed Sailor Steve and Jimbuna for their 100 Years Ago Today thread very well done indeed!:Kaleun_Applaud:

Niume
01-05-20, 11:59 AM
Wow this was unexpected but I am very happy receiving this beautifull award. I am happy to be a part of great, friendly community.:Kaleun_Cheers:

blackswan40
01-05-20, 05:41 PM
Hey Niume this mean you getting the next round in me n Buna i'll have a bottle nookiebrown n packet of dry rosted peanuts

Jimbuna
01-06-20, 09:57 AM
Hey Niume this mean you getting the next round in me n Buna i'll have a bottle nookiebrown n packet of dry rosted peanuts

https://i.postimg.cc/fyj1Y6Kp/drunkcob.gif (https://postimages.org/)

AzureSkies
01-09-20, 06:52 PM
I'd like to say thanks for the award.