PDA

View Full Version : Those who play CMANO on a tablet

PurpleCow
07-16-19, 08:43 AM
I looking to solicit feedback from those who have played CMANO on a tablet running windows using pen or touch interface. Which tablets did you feel worked well? How much RAM and processing power did you feel was needed? Did a pen/stylus/touch interface work well within CMANO?

I am looking at the following:

Surface Book
Surface Book 2
Surface Pro 3 - 6
2-in-1 tablets
Surface Go

I am looking to play CMANO on the couch or in bed so a tablet would serve me a lot better than a traditional laptop. Thanks for any feedback.

HalfLifeExpert
07-26-19, 12:38 PM
I honestly don't think it will work that well. The interface is built for mouse and keyboard. I dont doubt being able to run Command on a tablet, but the issue is effectively playing it with touch and pen.

Aktungbby
07-26-19, 09:18 PM
HalfLifeExpert!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
07-27-19, 04:00 PM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > HalfLifeExpert
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2027002&postcount=1)
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

frozentsbgg
08-21-19, 03:08 AM
Getting CMANO running a tablet running windows shouldn't be too hard in theory, especially if it's got good specs.

The trouble will come from the interface. You would need a stylus, or a Bluetooth mouse at the minimum to avoid frustration.

It has been done before though, and a few people on the CMANO Forums can give you more info.

Captain Reyes
11-14-20, 06:33 AM
Never run CMANO/CMO completely on a tablet but there are apps that allow you to use phones or tablets as screen extension and I put for example my message log onto the tablet. TacView might also be possible but I didnīt try it out yet.