PDA

View Full Version : Manual Sonar Rotation with HOME & END buttons

von Zelda
07-01-19, 09:15 AM
SH4 with additional U-Boat Missions pack, thus playing with v1.5
Added Mods include Webster's GFO and a few others. List can be provided.

Underwater sonar rotation use to be with the mouse and pointer, thus very exact. Now, it seems that most of the sub types (like Gato & Gar) but not all, will only rotate with the Home & End buttons; this is okay but not very precise.

Because GFO mod made some changes to the Command file, I looked there for any obvious changes that might account for the sonar rotation but could not find any.

Does anyone know of any Mods that will bring back sonar rotation with the mouse & pointer?

jimmbbo
07-01-19, 01:30 PM
Had the same issue on my unmodded V1.5 and installed the "Gato Sonar Bearing Fix" I found on a Sub Sim forum

propbeanie
07-01-19, 01:32 PM
The Gato and Balao boats have that issue. If you were in an earlier boat, you would not have noticed the problem. With GFO, you might be able to use (or adapt) CapnScurvy's Gato Sonar Bearing Fix_Stock (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=4099) mod to get the same funtionality in the Gato and Balao boats. Generally speaking, it would go in last. As CapnScurvy warns though, if anything altered the Gato or Balao Submarine folder or files, then you might have issues, and GFO does alter them... There is a possibility that you would end up with a weird acting submarine, or a CTD... :salute:

von Zelda
07-02-19, 02:40 AM
Thanks for pointing me to the Sonar Bearing Fix Mod. Works great and does not seem to have any negative effects.

SH4 v1.5 stock stand alone does not need the mod. For me, it was only after installing GFO to the stock v1.5 that I needed it.

Placed Sonar Bearing Fix Mod right after GFO and then some 10 or so other mods. Tested everything out with a Gato in Webster's Torpedo Test Mission Mod and all seems well.

Note, word to the wise: in Torpedo Test Mission Mod's "Read Me" there's a comment NOT to leave this mod up & running during normal play because of possible conflicts with the ships and their dates of service needed to create the mod. I've had CTDs when using the S boat and their MK10 torpedo during Torpedo Test Mission as well as in Single Missions with the MK10s when I've left Torpedo Test Mission Mod active. MK10s hit target and game crashes immediately. But, some further tests are still needed.

propbeanie
07-02-19, 06:21 AM
THEBERBSTER has a mix of Webster's GFO mod - THEBERBSTEES All In One Beginners Mega Mod List For SH4 221117 (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2508558#post2508558) - and in his initial release stage of that, it was discovered that the v2 torpedo mod has an adverse effect on the MarkX torps, so it's best to avoid using that Improved US Torpedo v2 mod if you are using it. The mod works fine on the 14s and above. Toward the bottom of that "ReadMe" first post in his thread, he makes mention of that. :salute:

von Zelda
07-02-19, 08:27 AM
propbeanie, you're 100% correct in your statement.

The CTDs happened with the Improved US Torpedo Mod v3 enabled while using Webster's Torpedo Test Mission Mod. I also had CTDs during Single Missions with the MK10 while both the Improved US Torpedo Mod v3 and the Torpedo Test Mission Mod were enabled.

So, I'm not sure if only one or if both mods are the culprit. Although, it appears that the Improve US Torpedo Mod v2 & v3 is responsible.