PDA

View Full Version : Ship ID book replaced by Loose Sheets and Deck Gun Question

Aussie Moggy
04-26-19, 12:22 AM
Just bought the Steam version of SH5 and an still working up my skill level, especially the full manual targeting mode.
I have the Mega mod installed and it is very good, even though I don't speak German, I guess I will learn some by osmosis :)

I have tried searching for an answer to the below without luck.

The two issues I have are;

The Ship Recognition Manual is now separate sheets of paper with only a side view and no link (that I could see) of sending the mast height to the TDC.

I have downloaded a couple of ID book mods ie, Enhanced Ship Recon Manual V.2.1 but it mad no difference, still the same sheets.

Is there a way to get the old book back without having to edit the game Data directory etc ?

The other issue I have is with the Deck gun, how do you aim it ?
I tried the Tab key, but it did something else (can't remember what now).
Stock crew are either drunk or have only had 5 minutes of training, their gunnery is beyond woeful.

Cheers
Aussie

kapuhy
04-26-19, 12:33 AM
The book is still there, but afaik it's dragged to the right side of the screen so that only a small part of it is visible (try finding a "bump" on the right side of the screen and drag it to the center to uncover a book).

Aussie Moggy
04-26-19, 12:40 AM
OK I will try that, I did try clicking along the left hand side to no avail.

If I use the E key it brings up an options box with tick boxes with pilot info, charts and the ship Id sheets etc.
Cheers
Aussie

Aussie Moggy
04-26-19, 01:03 AM
I just found the mod update to 2.12 and installed it.

Not sure if that made the difference, but I now have a brown tab on the LH side of the screen which is an interface with the 1/O and have a black tab pop up when I hit the E key.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Cheers
Aussie

kapuhy
04-26-19, 02:32 AM
I remembered it wrong, sorry - it was on the left side of the screen, see picture in the post below:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2596669&postcount=11864

Drag this out towards center of the screen. It is only visible when you have the charts opened ("E" key)

XenonSurf
04-26-19, 06:24 AM
I remembered it wrong, sorry - it was on the left side of the screen, see picture in the post below:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2596669&postcount=11864

Drag this out towards center of the screen. It is only visible when you have the charts opened ("E" key)

Right, it's very important to use that one (hit E and drag from the left). There is another one that could pop-up if you hit the WO picture and the ship type, but this may have WRONG data and not updated for TWoS. So be sure to use the first! :yep: