PDA

View Full Version : Strange 15 Second Bug With Sound File

Slyguy3129
04-20-19, 07:37 PM
Blank

propbeanie
04-20-19, 09:21 PM
Download the Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org) audio editor (unless you have something better), and load the audio file in. Be sure the whole file is visible in the window, and press <Ctrl><A> to Select All. The use the "Effect" menu, and down the list a bit is "Sliding Time Scale / Pitch Shift". If the file is like 18 seconds long, then you would need about a +15% setting to have it play in about 15 seconds. You'll probably have to do some experimenting with it. If it's like 24 seconds long, then the warbling, squirrellie girbels (the real name is "artifact") would really rear their ugly "voice", and it would really sound awful. A couple-three seconds should transition just fine. Don't change the pitch, just shorten the length of time it plays. Audacity doesn't "Save" a wave file. You'll have to "Export" it. The results mostly depend upon how much you have to shorten the file... :salute:

propbeanie
04-21-19, 06:54 PM
Look at the CrashDive (Submarine_CrashDive_INT.wav - under 14 secs in FotRSU) sound file. If it's the one with the "bell" clanging, that will be the problem file. I'll look into the regular "Dive" file for FotRSU, but we haven't had issues (other than speech) since we changed the CrashDive and shortened the "Creaks" files to less than 15 seconds... wait - there were a couple of other files that were over 15 seconds... I don't think I have my notes for that any more either, since I had a catastrophic HD crash a couple of months ago, and lost a ~LOT~ of my modding files...

The "Dive" has 3 files in FotRSU, all under 15 seconds. There is the 'valve' noise in "Dive sequence.wav", waves lapping in "Submarine_diving.wav", and the actual dive alarm a "Dive!" in "Submarine_DiveAlarm_INT.wav". You might be describing the original FOTRS file(s), which were too long fershure fercertain... :salute: