PDA

View Full Version : Mod please

v3teran
02-23-19, 01:30 PM
Hello im new here.

I have downloaded the TMOtw and also the RSRD mod. Do these work together?

Also do you guys prefer manual Targetting or not?

Any other mods that you use, can you please post your list back here please.

I used to play alot of silent hunter 3 years ago but im now going to try SH 4

Cheers

KaleunMarco
02-23-19, 03:50 PM
Hello im new here.

I have downloaded the TMOtw and also the RSRD mod. Do these work together?

Also do you guys prefer manual Targetting or not?

Any other mods that you use, can you please post your list back here please.

I used to play alot of silent hunter 3 years ago but im now going to try SH 4

Cheers
welcome to SH4! :salute:
yes, TMOwTW and RSRD should work together. there should be documentation with each mod that describes compatibility.
make sure you have installed SH4 in a folder other than Program(x86) or you will have problems.
as far as your other questions are concerned:
i prefer auto-targeting for a number of reasons.
there are dozens of mega-mods (like the two you wish to use together). many captains play the two mods you have selected as separate mods. there is a mega-mod section in the download page that will have all of the large mods. be sure to read the documentation in order to know which mods are compatible or incompatible with other mods.
if you are moving over from SH3 it is assumed that you know about Jonesoft Generic Mod Enabler. if not, go directly to the Downloads-Utilities page.
also, if you are moving over from SH3, do you know about the Large Address Aware utility? if not, you need to d/l that ASAP. look in the Downloads-Utilities page.

good luck!
:salute:

TS13
02-23-19, 04:34 PM
I took on manual targeting recently, and it is a bliss. I had some failures in the beginning, but I eventually got it (with much help from the manual targeting guides). It is extremely satisfying, and makes me feel that I deserve every ton that I sink.

There are a a few different methods of manual targeting. If you decide to try it, I recommend starting with the Dick O'Kane method, which is the simplest one to start with.

On the other hand, I would not recommend manual targeting to anyone who hates geometry.

v3teran
02-25-19, 06:19 AM
Good advice thanks to you both.

Fifi
02-25-19, 07:20 AM
Otherwise, you have FOTRSU 0.80 or even FOTRS V1.3 English...for more action than TMO.

Armistead
02-25-19, 02:30 PM
Learn to manually target with many methods. Often in the game you will need to shoot where you think the enemy will turn or zag next, not on the fixed course auto target gives you. It's much better to shoot by the wire for spreads than the spread wheel

Aktungbby
02-25-19, 02:39 PM
v3teran!:Kaleun_Salute: