PDA

View Full Version : Trouble loading Berbster MOD

Hopafoot
01-06-19, 01:53 PM
Played SH3 for many years. Time to switch to the Pacific. Followed instructions, but won't finish loading. Stops. Meets requirements. A clean game load, but should I not have patched to ver 1.4? The instructions didn't mention if the patch was necessary. I bought the game the year it came out, important?? Anyway, if anyone can help, much appreciated. My father 95, served aboard the USS Lizardfish SS373 and its tender Howard W. Gilmore AS16. At Subic when surrender came. "What's an atom bomb???"

Aktungbby
01-06-19, 02:02 PM
Hopafoot!:Kaleun_Salute:

KaleunMarco
01-06-19, 02:17 PM
Played SH3 for many years. Time to switch to the Pacific. Followed instructions, but won't finish loading. Stops. Meets requirements. A clean game load, but should I not have patched to ver 1.4? The instructions didn't mention if the patch was necessary. I bought the game the year it came out, important?? Anyway, if anyone can help, much appreciated. My father 95, served aboard the USS Lizardfish SS373 and its tender Howard W. Gilmore AS16. At Subic when surrender came. "What's an atom bomb???"
welcome to SH4.
i suspect that Berbster's mega-mod is SH1.5 compatible and if you are playing an earlier version it will not work.

what version of SH4 do you have?

THEBERBSTER
01-06-19, 03:29 PM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Hopafoot
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2027002&postcount=1)
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

My megamod is based on Webster's GFO which is only v1.5 playable and not suitable for v1.4
Mods generally are nearly all v1.5 with a few v1.4 exceptions.

Hopafoot
01-08-19, 01:25 AM
Thanks. I think I got it straight. You can't just use the original vanilla version , but need to buy and use the vanilla version of the gold addition or buy a Uboat mission expansion dvd. both v 1.5. Didn't know you can be a uboat in this game, like SH3? Interesting. I'll search for the expansion dvd.