PDA

View Full Version : Mods/Upgrades.

Backscuttle
12-04-18, 07:14 AM
Hi All.
Having decided immerse myself into the silent service again, can anyone recommend which mods / upgrades to install for SHIV(v1.4)? I have JSGME installed and am familiar with it`s useage. So anything to make SHIV look better and make it more `real` would be nice.

ETR3(SS)
12-04-18, 09:11 AM
Start by getting the U-boat Missions "expansion." That will also bring the game up to v1.5 which most of the mods are written for.

Bleiente
12-04-18, 12:59 PM
@Backscuttle
A little self-contained reading and research in this forum can not hurt... :03:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239060

:salute:

fitzcarraldo
12-04-18, 01:20 PM
The best combination of mods for SH4 are for version 1.5. You can use 1.4 and you have some nice mods, but, if you can it, buy the 1.5 - UBoat Expansion You can add to it FOTRSU or Ralles Modsoup (by Bleiente), and you will have a very nice modded SH4.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Backscuttle
12-05-18, 02:03 AM
Hi All. Thank you for your replies and advice. I now have v1.5 ,(Gold edition from Ubisoft), so will sift through appropriate downloads. One further question before I do - do I have to patch this new version or am I right in assuming that it has already been done?

Bleiente
12-05-18, 04:11 AM
One further question before I do - do I have to patch this new version or am I right in assuming that it has already been done?
SH4 V1.5 is the "current" patch version. :03:

Note / Update:
1. Never install SH4 in the program files of your OS.
2. For successful operation of mega-modes you need two tools such as the 4GB patch (alternatively LAA) and the JSGME.

:salute:

Backscuttle
12-05-18, 10:36 AM
Okies, ty.