PDA

View Full Version : University of Cincinnati revokes Cosby's honorary degree

Gerald
05-08-18, 10:01 AM
CINCINNATI (AP) — University of Cincinnati trustees have revoked Bill Cosby's honorary degree.
The trustees on Tuesday unanimously approved revoking Cosby's 2001 honorary doctor of humane letters degree. The trustees say they "abhor sexual violence" and university President Neville Pinto echoed that in a statement expressing support for survivors of sexual assault.
The school joins at least two dozen others that rescinded honors for the comedian before or after his sexual assault conviction.
Jurors in Pennsylvania last month convicted Cosby of drugging and molesting a Temple University employee at his suburban Philadelphia home in 2004. The 80-year-old Cosby maintains his innocence and says he'll appeal.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/University-of-Cincinnati-revokes-Cosby-s-honorary-12896743.php

It does not look good for you Cosby

August
05-08-18, 07:54 PM
Another degree taken back? How many of these does old Bill have anyways?

Platapus
05-09-18, 04:39 PM
At this time, I don't think losing honourary degrees is a primary concern with Cosby.

I think staying out of the jug is the priority with him.

aanker
05-10-18, 11:41 AM
I never understood why pill popper people enjoyed taking 'downers' like the drugs the girls took with Cosby, but I remember those drugs were very popular in some circles.

Now Cosby is being punished for partying which is basically what it was in those days. Yeah, he has many honorary degrees and titles that he will most likely lose, plus I think there is a statue or two that will be removed.

I liked him in the 1965 TV comedy show, "I Spy" but I first remember hearing about him through one of his early comedy record albums.

I'm glad I stayed away from that pill popper lifestyle although I don't have the kind of money Cosby has or had, so women from my past wouldn't be interested in trying to cash in on me now if I had been into downers.

desepticon
05-10-18, 01:31 PM
He's going to prison for rape. The guy's a scumbag.

August
05-10-18, 05:20 PM
We spent many hours as kids listening to his albums and laughing up a storm. Scumbag or not he was a very funny entertainer and it's sad to see how low he has fallen.

Aanker has a point. The 60's and 70's were very different times with very (increasingly) different moral standards and Hollywood in particular was known for their debauchery.

Torvald Von Mansee
05-11-18, 06:12 AM
It would be hilarious if he were allowed to serve out his sentence under house arrest like that Dupont guy.

Reece
05-11-18, 06:36 PM
I wonder where the "Cosby Kids" came from!!:oops:

Platapus
05-13-18, 06:44 PM
Another degree taken back? How many of these does old Bill have anyways?

At one point, he had a little over 60 honorary degrees. Currently 41 of them have been rescinded.

August
05-13-18, 09:48 PM
At one point, he had a little over 60 honorary degrees. Currently 41 of them have been rescinded.

So we have at least 20 more of these news bomb shells to endure? Oh boy!

Gerald
05-14-18, 12:07 AM
I fix that.:up: