PDA

View Full Version : wouldn't this be cruel

mapuc
04-06-18, 03:55 PM
Some month ago a friend told us she had seen a movie with Bill Murray where he relive same day over and over again. She liked this movie it was fun she said

I posted a reply where I had made up an another similar story

Jack who is 42 years old and divorced, is woken up by his alarm clock. It's Friday the 13th, he is not superstitious, for him is just an ordinary Friday.

He does his usual morning things and thereafter he takes the subway to his job.

It is Friday so it is off earlier. On his way home he buy a Euromillion coupon.

Later same evening he checks his coupon to see if he had any luck.
There haven't been a jackpot winner the last 15 weeks.
He discover he have all the numbers
He can't believe it..this can't be true... he gets so exited and his heart start pumping real hart..what he didn't know was that he had a heart failure and the heart can't take it anymore... he die........

Jack who is 42 years old and divorced, is woken up by his alarm clock it is Friday the 13th, he is not superstitious so for him is just an ordinary Friday..............

Now how cruel would this be ?

Edit: Forgot an important thing. He can't remember he had died late Friday evening and woken same day again.

Markus

Eichhörnchen
04-06-18, 04:33 PM
I never do any of the lotteries... maybe that's what would happen to me

mapuc
04-06-18, 05:14 PM
I never do any of the lotteries... maybe that's what would happen to me

It's not about the lottery itself

It's about a man who wins the Jackpot in Euromillions and die of exitment to wake up same day to relive the same exitment over and over again.

Markus

Skybird
04-06-18, 05:28 PM
There are old people suffering from Alzheimer, and they call for their wife or husband or kids - who died already years ago, and it hits them every day when being told again about it, like the news being delivered for the very first time.

People always say they want to live long and become old. Work in a geriatric hospital for some time. This will teach you to be cautious with your wishes. Life can be cruel. Or miserable. Or disgraceful. Or lonely. Wish for a painless, healthy life instead - no matter how long or short that will last. ;)

mapuc
04-06-18, 05:34 PM
There are old people suffering from Alzheimer, and they call for their wife or husband or kids - who died already years ago, and it hits them every day when being told again about it, like the news being delivered for the very first time.

People always say they want to live long and become old. Work in a geriatric hospital for some time. This will teach you to be cautious with your wishes. Life can be cruel. Or miserable. Or disgraceful. Or lonely. Wish for a painless, healthy life instead - no matter how long or short that will last. ;)

I couldn't agree more.

Markus

Reece
04-06-18, 06:26 PM
I have watched "Groundhog Day" about 3 times, a very funny movie!!:up:

u crank
04-06-18, 06:31 PM

You are so right Sky. As a person who is getting up there (68 in June) I'm starting to see this more and more. No one knows what cards they will be dealt. Our neighbors and good friends across the street are going through this now. Emelda retired at age 65 and shortly after was diagnosed with Alzheimers. Her husband Mike is suffering as much as her. It must be hell. I just can't imagine what the future holds for them. Be thankful I guess for your own good fortune and help when you can.

Platapus
04-07-18, 04:44 AM

Perhaps you only thought you watched it three times. :hmmm:

Jimbuna
04-07-18, 05:57 AM

https://i.imgur.com/aQhM4ch.jpg

Reece
04-07-18, 05:57 AM
Perhaps you only thought you watched it three times. :hmmm:
http://jamiedornanfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/i-see-what-you-did-there-tobey-maguire-face-know-your-meme.jpg

mapuc
04-07-18, 11:48 AM

Seen it two times

If I remember correctly he remember it-He wakes and remember it's the same day again.

In my alternative version this guy does not remember his heart stopped beating due to extremely exitment and are getting woken by his alarm clock same day.

And this is why I asked wouldn't this be cruel.

Feeling the happiness having won the Jackpot in Euromillions over and over again and never will get the chance to use them.

You could say he is in a eternal loop.

Markus

Dowly
04-07-18, 11:56 AM
In my alternative version this guy does not remember his heart stopped beating due to extremely exitment and are getting woken by his alarm clock same day.

And this is why I asked wouldn't this be cruel.

Feeling the happiness having won the Jackpot in Euromillions over and over again and never will get the chance to use them.

Since he doesn't remember it, he only ever experiences the excitement once from his point of view; it is always the "first" time for him. So, in my opinion, it wouldn't be cruel from his perspective.

Eichhörnchen
04-07-18, 12:45 PM
That's torn it...

mapuc
04-07-18, 01:27 PM
Dowly is absolutely right

Seeing it from his perspective - it is not cruel

When it comes to others his colleges, family and friends it's normal life. Days goes by

An additional question popped up in my head.

People around Jack how would they experience this ?

They get up Friday 13th...go to bed wake Saturday 14th, but jack wake up Friday 13th again...so how would they experience this ?

Markus

August
04-07-18, 01:35 PM
Reminds me of a documentary I read a few years ago.

Yeah here it is:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/the-real-groundhog-day-rare-disorder-227866

Dowly
04-07-18, 02:07 PM
An additional question popped up in my head.

People around Jack how would they experience this ?

They get up Friday 13th...go to bed wake Saturday 14th, but jack wake up Friday 13th again...so how would they experience this ?

Markus
They would experience it like we all experience life, in this case they'd learn that Jack had died the day before. They'd mourn his passing and talk about his sh!tty luck.