PDA

View Full Version : Codemasters Formula One

Red October1984
04-03-18, 08:22 PM
Anybody here play F1 2017 on Xbox One? I'm kinda late getting into it, but I figure i'd ask in case anybody wants to play sometime. :Kaleun_Cheers:

I have 2015 on PC as well that I haven't tried but would be willing to start up if somebody wanted to play that.

I love these games, although I'm not real good at them.

Gargamel
06-29-18, 03:17 AM
I don't have these, but I did have a Codemasters racing game for the PS1 back in the day. It was named after two famous racers, albeit their sons (I believe) though. For a racing game it was pretty dang good.

Good enough that if I saw another of their titles in this genre, I'd give it a whirl.

Falkirion
07-02-18, 06:29 PM
Not a fan of Codies F1 titles. Have 2010 and 2012 on PC, left it there before F1 made the jump to 8 speed turbos. Haven't gone back since.

F1 in general is just boring so far as watching it goes now. I just catch the highlights package on youtube after each race.

Gargamel
07-02-18, 07:35 PM
It was named after two famous racers, albeit their sons (I believe) though. For a racing game it was pretty dang good.

Jarrett And Labonte. That's their names...

JohnSams
07-23-18, 04:26 AM
Hey, that is really amazing game and I have also played it.

agathosdaimon
08-18-18, 08:22 PM
funnily enough, this year specifically i have gotten back into F1 - i watched it all through the 90s and early 00s but then lost interest entirely, but suddenly this year it has come back to me and i have have been enjoying the races and the whole spectacle of it - i actually like what liberty media has done with it and channels like WTF1 - also being australian i find myself a ricciardo fan

sometimes a race here or there might be just a procession, but a good number of them are pretty exciting - its like any small variable can suddenly change things- the recent silverstone races was nuts.

I have gotten all the codemaster games and they are nice and play well, but honestly it is the older ones that i really like - like Geoff crammonds GP games and EA's F1 challenge and Rfactor - and these all have tonnes of mods so every season is playable with them