PDA

View Full Version : Smoke?

SCPOTurner
02-19-18, 06:42 PM
I know somebody probably went through a lot of trouble to add 'realistic' smoke to the graphics but... Merchants might be sloppy with their fuel combustion, especially those still burning coal, but the Captain of a naval vessel, regardless of nationality, would have his Engineering Officer standing at stiff attention while reaming his butt for making smoke. Today, oil burning surface warships have a lamp in the smokestack uptakes and a scope to view it so the watch supervisor can check how cleanly he's burning. The smoke shown in the game is perfect for the merchants. I love that tiny wisp hardly visible on the horizon, but... Is there a mod that offers smoke for merchants only? (I know... picky, picky, picky.)

Rosco74
02-19-18, 06:55 PM
Something that annoy me way much more is the continuous reset of the smoke every 30 sec or so ... the smoke direction is something crucial for determinating the general bearing of a ship and this reset makes the thing harder :(

Ashikaga
02-20-18, 12:02 PM
What annoys me the most are the smoke bubbles whenever you follow a convoy or ship. The ones you see all around you when you have not spotted the ship itself yet hahahaha.

Rosco74
02-20-18, 05:04 PM
Ah yes lol I forgot about them..
I didn't know it was related to any ship around you

vdr1981
02-22-18, 11:37 AM
There is a mod for interrupted smoke stags but unfortunately it will further amplify stock "smoke blobs" bug. That's why I decided to leave it out of TWoS.:yep:

Rosco74
02-22-18, 10:57 PM
Hum thanks I should try . Can you please link it ?
or give the name ?
Thanks