PDA

View Full Version : A bit of legal advice please chaps

SS Norholm
11-21-17, 07:48 AM
Hi folks hope you're well.

As per the title, for anyone that could offer some advice please (UK law) regarding a slanderous email i received.

To cut a long story short, I've been having problems with an anti social neighbor for the last 12 months, I've made several complaints to all parties involved, IE, Landlord, Estate Agents, Police, council etc.
Despite all of that nothing has been done, so i recently told my case worker at Help For Hero's about it. He was shocked, and agreed with me that perhaps an email from him, as another party, may be taken more seriously.

Emails were sent out last week, and today i received an email back from the estate agents (CC's were also the landlord and property managers) full of false allegations regarding myself!

To say i'm a bit shocked and angry would be an understatement! :/\\!!

I really feel like calling the police and giving them the email, and telling them i want to make a charge against the person that wrote the email.

But why do i feel like, because i live in the UK i'll be wasting my time!? :haha:

Eichhörnchen
11-21-17, 08:11 AM
I'd guess that your first recourse would be help from a solicitor rather than the police... unless threats of harm have been made to you. They'll tell you whether he can be pursued for libel or slander or whatever.

August
11-21-17, 08:24 AM
Yeah you had better lawyer up.

SS Norholm
11-21-17, 08:36 AM
Thanks lads.......Hmm, waste of time then eh! I just spoke to my brother-in-law who is a police officer and also a veteran, he pretty much said it's just a civil matter!!
So basically, people can accuse you of being 'abusive and aggressive' and 'hurling abuse' at someone I've never even met! And that person also stated that they witnessed me being aggressive and trowing a chair! :har: and nothing can be done about it, even though the estate agent wrote all these lies in an email sent to myself and other parties. Great!! :yeah:

Sorry to have wasted your time gents, nothing to see here folks, just another veteran being shat on by a corrupt to the core ****e hole of a country!

August
11-21-17, 08:50 AM
Thanks lads.......Hmm, waste of time then eh! I just spoke to my brother-in-law who is a police officer and also a veteran, he pretty much said it's just a civil matter!!
So basically, people can accuse you of being 'abusive and aggressive' and 'hurling abuse' at someone I've never even met! And that person also stated that they witnessed me being aggressive and trowing a chair! :har: and nothing can be done about it, even though the estate agent wrote all these lies in an email sent to myself and other parties. Great!! :yeah:

Sorry to have wasted your time gents, nothing to see here folks, just another veteran being shat on by a corrupt to the core ****e hole of a country!

Well at least reply all to the email and deny the accusations so that is on the record as well lest your silence be taken as an admission of guilt.

Eichhörnchen
11-21-17, 09:56 AM
It's not wasting our time, mate... your brother-in-law's right, though. But a solicitor's letter threatening action unless he retracts might work... put the wind up the bleeder at any rate :hmmm::timeout:

STEED
11-21-17, 12:28 PM
Slander is very hard to prove and not worth it, the legal costs are though the roof. The police have no power to act unless criminal damage or bodily harm is involved. The council's are useless the times I spoke to them and Environmental Health is pointless unless lets say your neighbor is blasting you out with music 24/7. And then it takes weeks of monitoring and filling out forms.

Catfish
11-21-17, 12:38 PM
In Germany, when social (dis)behaviour takes place, you can get a civilian title against duress, and on misprision. :hmmm: