PDA

View Full Version : Charles Manson dies aged 83 after four decades in prison

Gerald
11-20-17, 01:05 AM
Charles Manson, the notorious head of a cult which he directed to commit murders, has died in hospital aged 83.
He was admitted to Bakersfield hospital in California earlier this month, US media reported.
In 1969, Manson sent his followers, known as the Manson family, to kill seven people.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42016704

darius359au
11-20-17, 01:17 AM
He wont be missed!

Gerald
11-20-17, 03:53 AM
He wont be missed! True that!

vienna
11-20-17, 08:22 PM
They should never have commuted his sentence, imho. Keeping him live for nearly five decades was a waste of tax money...

My close friend, who passed away last year, was a lawyer and, among his other projects, ho often gave legal aid to prisoners who might have been questionably incarcerated. Several years ago, he visited one of his cases in the same prison where Manson was being held. The prisoner he visited told him about Manson and my friends client offered to introduce him to Manson, sort of "How about it? You wanna meet Charlie?". My friend declined. When he told me about the incident, I asked him if he hadn't been just a bit curious to actually get a chance to meet some one so infamous; he told me there were many things he was curious about and meeting a murderous loon was not one of them...

<O>