PDA

View Full Version : Blockade of Germany Mission

Tinkering
09-22-17, 10:00 PM
Supposed to sink 5 AMCs. AMC is an Armed Merchant Carrier?

I sank one then another and it still does not show I have sank more than one. The boat that I sank had the 1 2 and 3 showing on the tac map for torpedo trajectory and distance, so I am assuming this is an AMC.

Wondering what I am missing?

Thanks for any help.

skin-nl
09-23-17, 04:08 AM
Hello Tinkering

You are using the stock game i presume?
The game is broken!!!!

Install the wolves of steel mod to fully enjoy sh5 :up:

Michael

THEBERBSTER
09-23-17, 05:24 AM
Hi Tinkering
The stock game will be very unpredictable as to what works and does not.

You have AMC's and Troop Ships both looking very similar to each other.

If you are sinking Troop Ships then it is unlikely these will register in the tonnage bar unless it is a recognized type in the Campaign files.

If you have definetely indentified a ship in the periscope as a AMC and sunk it then you have a major problem as it is unlikely that any AMC's will now show or count in the tonnage bar.

If you go to C:\Documents\SH5\data\cfg\SaveGames\enter latest save game number\Campaign-????-??-??_????\Campaign cfg file
Files always opens with Notepad.
Look down the list until you find your mission "Blockade of Germany" you will then see the type of ships that count in the mission.
Ships that you have sunk and are the correct ship type will show here even if it has not registered on the tonnage bar and that is your problem with the Stock Game.
Once it is broken it usually stays broken.

One option is to exit your game back to the desktop without saving and reload your last save.
Proceed to where you sank the ship having previously noted your position, time, and date.
Sink the ship again and see if this time it registers on the tonnage bar.

If it remains a problem send me a PM and I will help you out.
Peter

Tinkering
09-23-17, 07:46 PM
Thanks guys. Will do a fresh install and try Wolves of Steel. Loved the GWX expansion for SH3, so Wolves of Steel is a must!

Tried to DL the WoS expansion, but it states I don't have access. No torrents sharing the file either. Have to figure something out.

hauangua
09-24-17, 02:06 AM
Thanks guys. Will do a fresh install and try Wolves of Steel. Loved the GWX expansion for SH3, so Wolves of Steel is a must!

Tried to DL the WoS expansion, but it states I don't have access. No torrents sharing the file either. Have to figure something out.
Hi Tinkering

You must download here Mainly Mod :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5035

And then download last update :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=5035

When you end download.. BEFORE you install Mod please READ CAREFULLY post #1 and #2 here :

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=210703

TWos is a great Mod simple install...but if you have problems ask

:salute:

THEBERBSTER
09-24-17, 04:21 AM
Hi h
The TWOS update is not needed when downloading the main mod as it is already included.
Peter

vdr1981
09-24-17, 05:33 AM
Hi h
The TWOS update is not needed when downloading the main mod as it is already included.
Peter

That's correct, thanks Peter...
I've noticed that large number of TWoS captains are unaware of periodic updates despite all the notifications, so I've decided to simply add latest update into the main TWoS installer as well. :yep: This has proved to be a good solution so far...

THEBERBSTER
09-24-17, 06:56 AM
Hi Vecko
A very positive move to include the update as I am always in favour keeping everything simple and your "all in one download" does that.

I think a message against the download update would be useful to state that it is only necessary when replacing existing updates not new installations.
Peter

vdr1981
09-24-17, 07:26 AM
I think a message against the download update would be useful to state that it is only necessary when replacing existing updates not new installations.
Peter
That' not necessary because player won't brake anything even if he do so...:yep:
Only the Update files will be overwritten which is not problem at all...I thought about that already...:yep:

Tinkering
09-24-17, 04:01 PM
Thanks Gentlemen. Should have the game working again this evening. Looks like an excellent mod.

:Kaleun_Salute: