PDA

View Full Version : The world we (must) live in

Skybird
07-27-17, 04:02 PM
In 1988, Giorgio Moroder created a video collage for German state TV channel ZDF. Back then I found it much mightily impressive, and I still appreciate it today, although one cannot hide the dust that settled on the tape.

Not until recently someobdy finally has posted it on youtube, I occasionally looked it up, but never found it before. Some stranger ten years ago or so sent me a CD with a copy, but I seem to have lost it. My bad.

To describe the content, I quote the video poster: ""Die Welt in der wir leben" ("The world we live in") contrasts between beauty and ugliness in the human world, happiness and despair, technological triumph and disaster, haute coutur and starvation in Africa, a new sunset after the pictures of war, unbelievable sports, politics, religion, the beauty of nature ....."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoRsF3pAj-4

Dusty. But still touching.

And yes. TV back in those years really was that grainy. :) The younger ones around here probably find it hard to believe...

G. Moroder was (is?) a pop composer, arranger and producer in that era. The old series "Miami Vice" owes to his tunes.