PDA

View Full Version : The Sinking Of The Laconia

Reece
06-02-17, 06:51 AM
Has anyone seen this mini series? Is it any good?
Someone told me the Captain is portrayed as being gay, is that true?:hmmm:
Kinda puts me off!!:doh:

Von Due
06-02-17, 07:11 AM
Has anyone seen this mini series? Is it any good?
Someone told me the Captain is portrayed as being gay, is that true?:hmmm:
Kinda puts me off!!:doh:

No idea about any gay officers. Nothing that I could find anyway but what I did find was that those who did not like the movie in the slightest didn't like it because of the claimed anti-America "agenda", a claim based, as far as I could tell, on the idea that against Nazi Germany, there can be nothing but saints and that every German was a Nazi, hellspawn and any insinuation of other is hatred towards jews yaddy yaddy ya. Could very well be that one of these people threw out "gay" as an insult.

Then again, I didn't look through the entire internet.

Reece
06-02-17, 07:23 AM
Well after a bit of searching I did find this, not good!!!:oops:
http://nanuk-dain.deviantart.com/art/The-Sinking-of-the-Laconia-A-Perfect-Moment-593030582

Von Due
06-02-17, 07:31 AM
Well, it sure doesn't look like the captain asks "have you been drinking? Let me smell your breath". :haha:

Jimbuna
06-02-17, 07:51 AM
I liked it Reece but my advice would be for you to give it a viewing and decide for yourself.

Reece
06-02-17, 07:58 AM
OK Jim, I just pressed the 'Buy it Now' button!!:yep:

Jimbuna
06-02-17, 09:39 AM
OK Jim, I just pressed the 'Buy it Now' button!!:yep:

Oh, I didn't mean buy it :o

Sailor Steve
06-02-17, 10:38 AM
I've seen it, and thought it was excellent. I don't recall any scene like that, though.

Catfish
06-02-17, 12:26 PM
Frankly, i do not believe in gay encounters during the L. incident. If that is in the film.. :doh:
Hope it is just an "intimate" scene with one of them passing some inofficial information (?)

Sailor Steve
06-02-17, 01:07 PM
As I said, I don't recall a scene like that in the movie at all. I could be blocking it out, or it could be a photo of two actors horsing around on the set.

I guess I'll have to watch it again sometime.

Nippelspanner
06-02-17, 01:20 PM
Well after a bit of searching I did find this, not good!!!:oops:
http://nanuk-dain.deviantart.com/art/The-Sinking-of-the-Laconia-A-Perfect-Moment-593030582
Ugh, that's so obviously photo-shopped.

Reece
06-02-17, 09:03 PM
Thanks, that is great news!:up:

McBeck
06-03-17, 03:23 PM
I liked it :)

mapuc
06-03-17, 06:25 PM
I made a search and even an advanced search, ´cause I seem to remember that Skybird, many month ago-gave us a link to a two part series about this sinking of Laconia, on ZDF's homepage.

Markus

Cybermat47
06-04-17, 12:58 AM
That's just fan art, guys :har:

If something exists, there's gay fan art ("yaoi") of it. Not even Thomas the Tank Engine is spared :haha: http://img05.deviantart.net/daea/i/2015/014/2/c/gordon_x_james_accident_by_pikkolapungu-d8dv99x.jpg

I've seen the miniseries, it's great. The sexuality of the characters isn't explored at all, in case you were wondering.