PDA

View Full Version : mod problem/question (simple)

DuckHunter26
05-11-17, 10:12 AM
Hi fellow Kaleuns,

I have a quick question regarding mods. I have been playing for a short while now, but only recently started adding additional mods other than GWX and its regular included add-ons.

Basically i downloaded MAGui and wondered if it was possible to enable it using the Alternative Flotillas add-on mod in JSGME. When i enable both it gives me a warning that files were already overwritten, and i seem to lose the 11th or 3rd flotilla. Or maybe i dont have the enabling order set right?

Also i think i have read somewhere that you have to install a mod called TNA along with MaGUI... need more info on this?

Probably there is already a thread for this, but i cant seem to find it. And yes i have read the README with the mod.

Current mod list (in order):
-Enhanced damage effects
-Lite Harbor traffic
-Lifeboatsndebris_v4
-GWX-Alternative flotillas (greyed out)
-MaGui F (greyed out)

also when i start SH3 commander and get in my profile i had created prior to installing MaGUI (Was signed in 11th/3rd flot.) it now says 11th Flotilla, Error! on commander select info screen.

Any help is appreciated

Tnx

Edit: Forgot to add that the warning message that JSGME gives me when enabling Alt. Flotillas is '' de_menu.txt has already been altered by the MaGUI F* mod.'' and ''en_menu.txt has already been altered by the MaGUI F* mod''

Completely new to this modding stuff so sorry if it is something really simple

bstanko6
05-11-17, 11:10 AM
Not sure about your errors but I can say this. You take risks with any mod you install.

JSGME is an awesome tool, if not the greatest. What it does each and every time you start your game is overwrite files into your game with the mods you want to use. The warnings are telling you "hey! These files are here already! You want me to write over it?"

I have used MAGUI for years. Most GUIs you want to use need a "fix" file with them because the author of the GUI had to change a pretty good portion of the already existing game parameters to make it work.

I believe the fix for MAGUI
Is in the GUI download just search the file when you download it.

hauangua
05-11-17, 11:49 AM
Hi fellow Kaleuns,

I have a quick question regarding mods. I have been playing for a short while now, but only recently started adding additional mods other than GWX and its regular included add-ons.

Basically i downloaded MAGui and wondered if it was possible to enable it using the Alternative Flotillas add-on mod in JSGME. When i enable both it gives me a warning that files were already overwritten, and i seem to lose the 11th or 3rd flotilla. Or maybe i dont have the enabling order set right?

Also i think i have read somewhere that you have to install a mod called TNA along with MaGUI... need more info on this?

Probably there is already a thread for this, but i cant seem to find it. And yes i have read the README with the mod.

Current mod list (in order):
-Enhanced damage effects
-Lite Harbor traffic
-Lifeboatsndebris_v4
-GWX-Alternative flotillas (greyed out)
-MaGui F (greyed out)

also when i start SH3 commander and get in my profile i had created prior to installing MaGUI (Was signed in 11th/3rd flot.) it now says 11th Flotilla, Error! on commander select info screen.

Any help is appreciated

Tnx

Edit: Forgot to add that the warning message that JSGME gives me when enabling Alt. Flotillas is '' de_menu.txt has already been altered by the MaGUI F* mod.'' and ''en_menu.txt has already been altered by the MaGUI F* mod''

Completely new to this modding stuff so sorry if it is something really simple

You have "gwx file for commander"?

DuckHunter26
05-15-17, 01:16 AM
You have "gwx file for commander"?

Yes i went along with the README (ALWAYS read them).

I think i figured it out, re-installed and switched the order up, and everything works alright.

And BsTank06 yeah i modded a few other games before this one... and you are absolutely right. That is why i always try to keep the mod list at a minimum, prioritize gameplay to my liking instead of a ton of eye-candy mods.

P.S are the tutorial vids on YouTube your doing?

Thanks for the help

bstanko6
05-15-17, 09:04 AM
My mistake.