PDA

View Full Version : Worst case cyber disaster in India

Skybird
05-04-17, 10:34 AM
They don't call it like that of course, but I do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-39769322

Thats the same India that early this year has issued a new gold prohibition in a bid to force people to store all their much or little wealth in digital format. Of course, the official foul excuses sound differently, but thats what they are: foul excuses.

Not only this, but I hear all alarmbells ringing when a politician or lawyer argued like this:

Defending this law, the government's top law officer told the court on Tuesday that an individual's "right to body is not an absolute right".
"You can have right over your body but the state can restrict trading in body organs, so the state can exercise control over the body," Attorney General Mukul Rohatgi said.

Terrible, and most alarming. Not only because such database will always attract much criminal attention, but because there is no real safety in it. Everybody stealing such data, could act under the disguise of your stolen identity - proven to be your identity. Thats is one thing if somebody goes ion shopping tour and you have to pay. Its somethign different when somebody starts to commit capital crimes and murder - and you get hold accountable.

Three basic human right sonly I accept as such: 1. the right to possess your own body, 2. the right to possess private property that is yours (not going into details about some preconditions here), and 3. the right to be left alone by other humans if you do nto wish to have contact with them and want to be left alone. Other important liberties base on these, and if they don't, I consider them to be non-essential, but secondary in importance only. There are no other basic human rights, than these three. The very idea of "freedom" is unthinkable with even just one of these fundamental rights being violated, or by the use of force withheld from you.

And so I must see the Indian argument as a lethal threat to free and living man.

-----------

Also, the state itself is the biggest suspect amongst the candidates that may feel tempted to abuse this big data jackpot. The only protection is - to not create such a jackpot.

Long before the end of this century, human babies will be chipped like cattle. Mark my words. Heck, what do I say, long before the end of this century, long before. This terrible curse named "state" must know all about you and must own you completely.

And you must learn to love it for that.

But I think people who rate their coolness when paying with a credit card as more important than their basic freedoms and who weigh their poltical opinions on the ground of what this or that party will mean for the costs of summer holiday destinations, do not deserve anything better.

Digitalization really has become a primary worry for me. Compared to that, a terror attack killing two dozen pedestrians now and then, is relatively unimportant (compare to the killings in road traffic per years, and you et the argument). Digitalization imo will turn out to become the WMD for the structure of social systems, economic exchange systems and trade, and communal and state integrity.

And the second biggest threat I see, indeed is AI - more computer goodness.