PDA

View Full Version : I actually have a question?

RConch
03-31-17, 09:36 AM
Been playing GWX for years, but it has never happened to me yet.

Has anyone had a destroyer ram them?

Is the AI able to do this? Or just peels off and shoots\DC your sub. Kind of a "survival" instinct.

Just curious.:Kaleun_Salute:

Philipp_Thomsen
03-31-17, 09:39 AM
lol

I can't think of a single encounter where the destroyer DIDN'T try to ram me.

RConch
03-31-17, 11:18 AM
Really. LOL.

I have had them "run over" me at periscope depth, never on the surface.

Just my good luck.:Kaleun_Cheers:

Gargamel
03-31-17, 01:20 PM
Early-mid '40, I was making the rounding around the Orkneys, heading for the North Atlantic, probably cutting it too close to land though.

Dead flat and calm seas, zero visibility due to heavy fog. Putzing along at about 12 knots. All of a sudden, lookouts are screaming alarms, I pop up to the bridge and there, about 50 meters behind us, was a destroyer, perfectly cutting across our wake. Couldn't find it in the binocs quick enough quick to get a stern shot off, and so I peed a little, and dove. They apparently never saw us.

That's the closest I ever came to getting rammed by a destroyer, and how I learned to run submerged in zero visibility states.

bstanko6
03-31-17, 01:35 PM
It has happened to me on few occasions. Especially near harbors.

fumo30
04-01-17, 01:34 AM
Uragan-class monitor rammed me on surface at Black Sea after it expended all it's depth charges and then waited me to surface.

UKönig
05-02-17, 01:16 AM
Off the coast of North Africa, running hell for leather out of the Gibraltar straight, on the surface, in the middle of the night. U-99 I think it was at the time, I'm trying to slip away with the dark and the coastline to obscure the sub. No chance. 4 torpedo boats attacking us, two destroyers inbound and two more Corvettes on the way, with another answering the call from Gibraltar itself. I can't quite recall which class/ship did the job, but he came steaming at me from 30° bow right at 34 knots. The boat took the hit so hard that it rolled us completely over.
Next message: U-boat destroyed by collision, you are dead...