PDA

View Full Version : Question about Air Torpedo Fido Mod (by Stiebler)

tomfon
02-02-17, 02:57 PM
Hello, there. So there I am at EC39 with my IXB type Uboat and my WO spots a plane at 9km shortly after I receive a warning that radar signals have been detected. I give the order to crash dive. Depth charges are dropped and the boat receives minor damage while at the same time I receive the warning "Incoming torpedo!!". Seconds afterwards the boat reaches the depth of 70 m. I thought I was safe but I was wrong... The torpedo hit the boat and I receive the message, "The torpedo has hit us. We have severe damage." or sthg like that. Now, isn't this fairly unrealistic? I searched for some technical details and I found that the fido torpedo went as deep as 45-50 m. I've been reading the description of the mod but I couldn't find any information regarding the depth settings. Am I to assume that the torpedo can go as deep as the Uboat given that it has acquired its target?

RConch
02-03-17, 08:02 AM
Did you survive is the first question?

Were you level at 70m or still in crash dive with the bow down and the stern up, that could make the difference in the depth for the Fido hit.

tomfon
02-03-17, 08:11 AM
Hi Rconch. What I am saying is that with Stiebler's mod enabled the fido seems to have no depth restrictions when we know that the max depth it could reach is 50 m. I wonder if it can be fixed. Did you ever have a similar experience? When my Uboat got hit she was leveled at 70 m moving at 2 kt. Cheers.