PDA

View Full Version : Playing SH3 again with Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Yattky
01-31-17, 08:06 AM
Dear members

Good day

I'm playing SH3 with Windows 10 pro 64bit again and enjoy it but I have a problem while doing it.
The game in motion gets gradually slower and slower.
At the beginning, the frame rate is 20-30
but at the end, it is down to under 10.
(Especially when I meet enemies, the rate is rapidly decreased and never recovered.)
I think my pc spec is improved more than the one in 2005 SH3 was released, but there can be some setting incorrectly (especially in my graphic card).
However I would like to ask you the way of fix by return.
For your reference, my pc spec is as follows:

CPU: Intel core i7-4790K CPU@4.00GHZ
RAM: DDR3 12.0GB
MOTHER BOARD: ASUS H97-PRO
HARD DISC:SEAGATE SSHD ST4000DX 4TB (My SH3 installed in D drive.)
GRAPHIC BOARD: GEFORCE GTX970

Should I renew my pc?
I installed also 4GB patch in it, so please advise me if it affects the problem.
Looking forward to your reply.

B.Rgds
Yattky

THEBERBSTER
01-31-17, 08:15 AM
Hi Yattky
Post #7 Changing The GPU Settings (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2407999&postcount=7)
Peter
https://s23.postimg.org/k3n8tud8b/lsh3_support_download_banner.gif

Yattky
01-31-17, 12:27 PM
Dear Peter san

Good day
Thank you for your prompt reply.
I have changed the settings you mentioned and played the game for test
with checking frame rates, but at the end, it decreased to 9 or so.
Should I change my video card or add RAM cards?

B.Rgds
Yattky

ssi
01-31-17, 12:49 PM
Your systems should be more than capable of running SH3 at its full capabilities, you have a better CPU i7-4790K vs 2500k, more RAM 12 vs 8 and a much better GPU 970 vs GTS450 than I do and I can run the game perfectly on my rig.

I suggest you make sure you are running the most recent graphics driver and then perform a video stress test like FurMark or whatever on your system to see if you have a global problem of some sort; RAM errors, GPU issue, CPU overheating, etc. I also suggest that you shut down as many other applications as you can that might be interfering with the game (anti virus, etc) and see if that makes any difference, you can also try to run the game as administrator and in compatibility mode to see if that helps.

THEBERBSTER
01-31-17, 01:43 PM
Hi Yattky
Check your task manager and see what other programmes maybe running in the background.
This is probably where your problem lies?
Your system is more than capable of running the game at a decent frame rate.
Peter
https://s24.postimg.org/5c4me6xz9/lsh3_support_download_banner.gif

ValoWay
01-31-17, 11:24 PM
yea, he can run most modern day games on highest settings. Did you test other games, too? If other games cause no problems I would try a fresh installation first. Are you running any 'exotic' mod combinations which might cause the described slowdown of FPS in sh3? And yea, it is possible that his game slows down when there's something installing in the background, for example. You can notice that when steam is installing a game while you play a different one at the same time, for example but that wouldn't go on for all that long so I don't know..

If other games cause issues, too, it might be a hardware related issue. If other games work just fine there'S something wrong with his sh3 copy. Maybe he has on older copy on dvd and forgot to install an update? I, personally, have no experience with that, though since I own the steam version with h.sie's.

Yattky
02-01-17, 11:50 AM
Dear ssi san, Peter san and Valoway san

Good day
Thank you very much for your replies.
I'm running SH3 with GWX and some mods.
And I found from your threads it's not a problem of my pc spec.
I will check data running in the background and turn them off especially antivirus software
(I use Norton 360)then will try to run the game again for test.
Reverting this weekend.

B.Rgds
Yattky

Aktungbby
02-01-17, 12:20 PM
ssi!:Kaleun_Salute: & welcome back Yattky!:Kaleun_Salute: -AktungSama:O:

Yattky
02-05-17, 10:34 AM
I decided to reinstall SH3 to solve the slow-motion problem,
and tried to uninstall it but a pop up appeared and said "Error 1327.Invalid Drive G:\"
so I had to give it up.
I remember after installation of the game,
I exchanged the drive letters of my two disc drives: E⇔F because of setting up other game.
Do I have to put them back they used to?
Please advise me again by return.
Thank you for your cooperation in advance.