PDA

View Full Version : Game Time & Sunrise/Sunset Issue

Doolar
01-21-17, 12:18 PM
I'm pretty sure this had been covered before but I couldn't fine it. I'm now off the east coast of Florida and its late January and I'm thinking that the sunrises and sunsets are off a bit. Sunrise at 11am and sunsets at 11pm. I remember reading something here about this and how to bring these things more inline with realistic times. I realize that the game adjust for seasons and latitudes, but I've never been this far south before. Is this normal ? If so then OK, if not any ideas on fixing this issue ?

FUBAR295
01-21-17, 02:10 PM
Are you looking at the ship time which is set to German time zone as opposed to local Florida time. You would have a 5 or 6 hour difference.

From Uboat Archieve from the KTB section:

"As a result of maintaining the ship's clocks and KTB in German Legal Time, sunrise and sunset became more and more offset from normal experience as the boat moved further east or west from base. For example, off the east coast of the US in the winter months, the sun might rise at 14:00 and set at 24:00 according to the ship's clocks.

Doolar
01-21-17, 03:04 PM
Aww-man ... darn I didn't even think of that, that's it ... thanx. My wife says that sometimes I can't see the forest because there are too many trees in the way ... LOL

Sailor Steve
01-21-17, 05:49 PM
SH3 is the only game in the series that lets you check local time. Hover the cursor over the time on the GUI, and it will tell you what time it is where you are. They removed that function from the other, and I've always wondered why.

UKönig
01-29-17, 01:56 PM
Yeah, sounds like a discrepancy between German time and local time. I have noticed, especially since keeping a pen and paper captain's log, that the sunrise and sunset times do change appropriately with the season and latitude. I used to be put off by it, but I really do think they got it right...

Doolar
01-29-17, 08:07 PM
Same here, I keep a paper log and was thinking too hard, on what was the mess up (I have a large mods list) that I completely forgot about the German time/local time thing. Glad you guys didn't beat me up over a stupid question. Like I said in an earlier post, that I've never traveled that far west. I might be in the lead for the "Dumb Question of the Year Award 2017" LOL ... Bartender, a round of beer for all !!! :Kaleun_Cheers: