PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Mk 4

Platapus
01-12-17, 05:38 PM
https://s15-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http%3A%2F%2Ft3.gstatic.com%2Fimage s%3Fq%3Dtbn%3AANd9GcQBmmo6Uv-Ac3TalZZ7-XTLd3_Vl-Lu8rF4QvTLbRF_rnnBohyBVw&sp=ff9ec211ac0bb5d4132eaf6ceca06d98

I have to admit a far amount of drooling when the Ruger Mk 4 came out. I have been thinking of adding a .22 pistol to my arsenal.

It looks like Ruger has a winner here. They kept all the good stuff about the Mk 3 but fixed the bad.

A coworker of mine just got one and he likes it.

Anyone here have one?

Onkel Neal
01-12-17, 05:49 PM
I have a Mark II from way back. That is a nice looking pistol. Exactly how is the barrel fluted?

Platapus
01-12-17, 05:54 PM
That I don't know. It is just one of three models of the Mk 4 that Ruger has. I don't know if this is just for appearance or whether it has a practical purpose.

I would think that a heavy "bull barrel" would be better for target shooting.

Unfortunately, the Ruger website does not really explain the advantages and differences between models of the Mk 4. Makes the decision process harder

(The Frau comes into my office and wacks me one upside the head)

"I didn't say I was gonna buy another gun. I am just..... window shopping. Like when you "window shop" for shoes........" ohh bad example.:D

Commander Wallace
01-12-17, 08:21 PM
I have used a Ruger target model, Bull barrel, Mk 2. It looked very similar to the one you posted Platapus. It had I think a 6 inch barrel. It was very well made, somewhat heavy and very accurate, even with the terrible stock sights.

I have spoken to others that own the Ruger or have used them and all of them marveled at the accuracy of the Ruger. They are relatively inexpensive to purchase and the .22 ammo is equally inexpensive.

I'm sure a good condition, used Mk 2 can be had for a good price at your local gun dealer.

Platapus
01-13-17, 02:56 PM
The one thing I did not care for on the Mk 1-3 was the take down. They redesigned it for the Mk 4. Nice.