PDA

View Full Version : Show and hide chronometer in the attack periscope

willy81
12-18-16, 08:29 AM
Hi all, I'm new here. I have done some looking but can't find anything about how to hide the chronometer in the attack periscope in SH3. I would like to use my own stopwatch instead. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

makman94
12-18-16, 03:50 PM
Hi all, I'm new here. I have done some looking but can't find anything about how to hide the chronometer in the attack periscope in SH3. I would like to use my own stopwatch instead. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

hello Willy and wellcome,

open the menu_1024_768 (with your notepad) and find the following entry:

[G26 I120]
Name=Chrono
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x26020000
ParentID=0x26000000
Pos=608,764,136,52
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

change the 'Pos' line to this:
Pos=608,1764,136,52

and save your file

(the entries ,if you want, to move out of screen the stopwatch at obs scope and uzo pages too are the [G2B I120] and [G28 I104] )

willy81
12-18-16, 07:24 PM
Thanks! That did the trick. Is there any way to mute the sound on the chronometer? It now can't be seen but it can still be heard.

allievo
12-19-16, 01:03 AM
Thanks! That did the trick. Is there any way to mute the sound on the chronometer? It now can't be seen but it can still be heard.

Delete (or just rename) periscope_chrono_tick.wav in the data\Sound folder.

ivanov.ruslan
12-19-16, 01:09 AM
One of the ways that I can think of ,is to open with S3d -Sh3\data\sound\sh3.sdll file periscope_chrono_tick,pull the slider to the volume left, save and closed Sh3.sdl
Another option is a program for processing audio files to mute file periscope_chrono_tick

willy81
12-19-16, 01:24 AM
Delete (or just rename) periscope_chrono_tick.wav in the data\Sound folder.

Many thanks. That was very quick and easy to solve.

Cheers

willy81
12-19-16, 01:26 AM
One of the ways that I can think of ,is to open with S3d -Sh3\data\sound\sh3.sdll file periscope_chrono_tick,pull the slider to the volume left, save and closed Sh3.sdl
Another option is a program for processing audio files to mute file periscope_chrono_tick

Thanks for the suggestions!

willy81
12-19-16, 06:44 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > willy81
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119)
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285) > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
Steam Conversion SH3 Installation Instructions (http://www.mediafire.com/file/q0wao764u680em6/SH3+Steam+Conversion+Instructions.zip) By BL!ITZKR!EG

Thanks for the info, I will definitely check those links out!

willy81
12-19-16, 06:55 AM
Maybe a final question, I hope it's not annoying...is there a chart that outlines estimated time to target based on the 3 main torpedo speeds (44-40-30knts) ? I guess I could make one using excel but if somebody already has one then great! Am I a little nuts for wanting to do this by myself with my own stopwatch? The main reason torpedo run was timed is to see if they hit they target or missed albeit with a dud or missing the ship completely. Am I right?

On a side note I'm running acm reloaded olc with other associated mods on a very basic modification of sh3. Once again thanks to all who have commented and helped me pretend I'm a sub captain!

Cheers

THEBERBSTER
12-19-16, 09:09 AM
Hi willy
The Stopwatch shows an impact time for the first torpedo.
F6 Attack Screen tracks your torpedoes.
Peter
https://s24.postimg.org/6epme9785/lsh3_support_download_banner.gif

willy81
12-19-16, 09:42 AM
Hi willy
The Stopwatch shows an impact time for the first torpedo.
F6 Attack Screen tracks your torpedoes.
Peter
https://s24.postimg.org/6epme9785/lsh3_support_download_banner.gif

Thanks Peter, but I'm not using standard sh3 and now f6 doesn't track torpedos nor would I want it to. F6 in my mod has nothing more than a large TDC filling the screen. I figured out I can use the range/aob finder in periscope view to find impact time if I convert knots to meters/second. Problem is the reading only goes up to 90s. I know I can use the built in chronometer, but would like to immerse myself more in the game by using my own stopwatch and data tables.

Cheers

Aktungbby
12-19-16, 01:18 PM
willy81!:Kaleun_Salute:

McDonnel
12-19-16, 03:29 PM
For time of impact, use the linear scales on the right of the navigation map - simply protract speed (in knots) over distance of target (in km) and you get estimated time eel will need to travel the distance.

Also, if you really want to know you hit / did not hit the target, you can use your hydrophone instead of the periscope. Eels have very distinct sound and you can compare the heading of target with heading of your eel and estimated time to impact.

If correct, the target will overlap with eel sound just before you hear a proper "boom!" :Kaleun_Wink: then you know you hit it.

THEBERBSTER
12-19-16, 05:09 PM
Hi willy
I use a digital one that counts both up and down.
I use it for getting 3 minutes and 15 seconds.
Peter
https://s28.postimg.org/60qet67d9/lsh3_support_download_banner.gif

willy81
12-19-16, 06:47 PM
For time of impact, use the linear scales on the right of the navigation map - simply protract speed (in knots) over distance of target (in km) and you get estimated time eel will need to travel the distance.

Also, if you really want to know you hit / did not hit the target, you can use your hydrophone instead of the periscope. Eels have very distinct sound and you can compare the heading of target with heading of your eel and estimated time to impact.

If correct, the target will overlap with eel sound just before you hear a proper "boom!" :Kaleun_Wink: then you know you hit it.

Thanks mate! Those are some solid tips!! :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

UKönig
12-20-16, 02:36 PM
I've noticed that in pretty much all cases, it takes a torpedo travelling at 30 knots 1 minute to cover 1 km. I use that as my baseline for most of my calculations involving distance, speed and time.

McDonnel
12-21-16, 02:40 AM
I've noticed that in pretty much all cases, it takes a torpedo travelling at 30 knots 1 minute to cover 1 km. I use that as my baseline for most of my calculations involving distance, speed and time.

926 meters in 1 minute, if you want it exact :)

willy81
12-22-16, 08:01 AM
A big thanks to all who replied! I have now figured out how to remove the stopwatch completely from the game and can now use my own to immerse myself more within the game.

On a side note, to remove the clock, I had to modify the file appropriate to the last GUI mod in the sequence and had to disable and re enable that mod for it to take effect. The sound file is part of stock sh3 so can be changed at any time.

Using the scale in map view to get estimated torpedo time to target is flawed because in my mod, max speed on the scale is 30 knots. Sometimes, I like to fire a type I at high speed (44 knots) and that calculation isn't available from that scale.

I did end up making a spreadsheet with the 3 main running speeds vs distance to come up with and eta to impact up to 7400m. I have tried it and as long as your range calcs are pretty spot on, it works. Maybe I can post a pic of it here??

Anyway thanks again to all who contributed to this discussion. It was greatly appreciated.

Cheers

willy81
12-31-16, 07:00 AM
I have spent a while trying to find info on the obs periscope disk and the links to the tutorials are broken. If I was smarter I could probably figure it out myself but I guess I'm not...any working links or help would be great.

Cheers
Will