PDA

View Full Version : Ahoy Shipmates

Lt. Marco USS Salmon
12-01-16, 06:33 AM
Hi Lt Marco USS Salmon joining the crew.
Nice to meet you all. Playing SH4 at the moment after a long break all the magic is still there.
Started playing sub sims with silent service, then the big move ss2 and all the incarnations of SH. Really glad there is a sight to support us submariners. Will have a look around the sight and post again soon,
Lt Marco Out:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
12-01-16, 06:54 AM
Welcome to SubSim Marco :Kaleun_Salute:

Commander Wallace
12-01-16, 07:51 AM
Welcome to Subsim,Marco. Enjoy your time here. :sunny:

Prometheus
12-01-16, 08:55 AM
Hello Lt. Marco! :Kaleun_Salute: Welcome to SubSim!
:subsim:

Aktungbby
12-01-16, 09:28 AM
Lt. Marco USS Salmon!:Kaleun_Salute:

aanker
12-01-16, 10:18 AM
Welcome aboard Lt Marco, Happy Hunting!

HW3
12-01-16, 12:52 PM
Welcome Aboard!

Lt. Marco USS Salmon
12-02-16, 08:54 AM
Hi Shipmates It great to read posts from likeminded sub mates,
Looking at the mods to help freshen thins up a bit so really good mods a lot of hard work been done by those individuals.
Just a quickie is there a patch to fix the radar/sonar I think the not working north bug could be to blame, also the same contacts are appearing on both radars eg ships on surface and air scopes.
Thanks a lot keep up the good hunting, its back to the Philippines for the USS Salmon more photos to take
Lt Marco out!!:ping::Kaleun_Salute:

aanker
12-02-16, 12:22 PM
Hi Shipmates It great to read posts from likeminded sub mates,
Looking at the mods to help freshen thins up a bit so really good mods a lot of hard work been done by those individuals.
Just a quickie is there a patch to fix the radar/sonar I think the not working north bug could be to blame, also the same contacts are appearing on both radars eg ships on surface and air scopes.
Thanks a lot keep up the good hunting, its back to the Philippines for the USS Salmon more photos to take
Lt Marco out!!:ping::Kaleun_Salute:
The A-Scope and PPI displays work together; the A-Scope gives range (inaccurate in the Stock game) and the PPI of course gives relative bearing. The SD Air search radar unit is not modeled, however Air contacts are displayed on the navigation chart/map.

I don't know what version you have, Steam sells 1.3, but you should at least patch your game to v.1.4 (for free) if you have the 'north bug' from 1.3, but better yet get the v.1.5 U-boats add-on .... or get the Gold Edition which is 1.5. I hope you're not trying to play v.1.0, the original release.

Mods fix inaccuracies in the radar ranges, most mods are for v.1.5, a few are for 1.4.

Happy Hunting!

THEBERBSTER
12-02-16, 03:17 PM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Lt. Marco USS Salmon
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119)
Highly Recommended SH4 > Webster’s GFO (Mini Mega Mod) (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=1196)
Steam Conversion SH4 Installation Instructions By ValoWay (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2418373&postcount=614)

u crank
12-02-16, 05:10 PM
Welcome to SubSim Marco. :salute:

Redwake
12-02-16, 09:44 PM
Welcome to subsim, I'm new here as well, theres great people on this forum I'm also playing Sh4 at the moment working towards being able to mod it soon bus as u have the base 1.3 version I got a bit of a mission ahead of me.

Eichhörnchen
12-03-16, 03:28 AM
Welcome aboard, buddy :)

aanker
12-03-16, 10:33 AM
Welcome to subsim, I'm new here as well, theres great people on this forum I'm also playing Sh4 at the moment working towards being able to mod it soon bus as u have the base 1.3 version I got a bit of a mission ahead of me.
Howdy, if you only have ver. 1.3, you can at least patch your game to v.1.4 (for free).

Or, try to get the 1.5 U-Boat missions add-on. It has many improvements for the US fleet boats too, plus most mods are for 1.5. It's really worth it even if you don't play the U-Boats.

Happy Hunting Redwake!

Redwake
12-03-16, 05:17 PM
Howdy, if you only have ver. 1.3, you can at least patch your game to v.1.4 (for free).

Or, try to get the 1.5 U-Boat missions add-on. It has many improvements for the US fleet boats too, plus most mods are for 1.5. It's really worth it even if you don't play the U-Boats.

Happy Hunting Redwake!

Thank you, iv been messaging rockin robbin and he's been helping with my situation.

Lt. Marco USS Salmon
12-04-16, 09:13 AM
Hi Guys, thanks for the response, it me have a grey matter moment, its all this underwater, no sun or fresh veg!!
I have !> U Boat mission both on DVD and Steam
Hadn't played in a while just forgot how they worked all good.
Oh well back to the bilge
Marco out :Kaleun_Cheers: