PDA

View Full Version : men on bridge leave

foo_jam2002
11-17-16, 06:27 PM
Hi to everybody. I was wondering if the following situation is normal. I order men on bridge, they go, it's fine. Then i order man the flak gun and one man goes there but the other men leave the bridge. I think it's a bug. I am using GWX, playing the Barham mission. Sorry if this has been answered but i couldn't find anything looking for something like this.

coldDynamic
11-17-16, 11:21 PM
Hi foo_jam,

To my knowledge I don't believe this is a bug. In SH3 whenever an order is given to man the deck gun or flak guns, the bridge is cleared apart from your Watch Officer, who will remain there to give orders to the men on the guns. As far as I know this has always been the case, you don't need to worry about your game being glitched or buggy.

CD

Aktungbby
11-18-16, 03:01 AM
foo_jam2002!:Kaleun_Salute:

THEBERBSTER
11-18-16, 07:23 AM
A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > foo_jam2002
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119)
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285) > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature
I order men on bridge, they go, it's fine. Then i order man the flak gun and one man goes there but the other men leave the bridge. Ordering crew to man any guns only leaves your watch officer on the bridge.

BarracudaUAK
11-18-16, 03:56 PM
Hi foo_jam,

To my knowledge I don't believe this is a bug. In SH3 whenever an order is given to man the deck gun or flak guns, the bridge is cleared apart from your Watch Officer, who will remain there to give orders to the men on the guns. As far as I know this has always been the case, you don't need to worry about your game being glitched or buggy.

CD

:sign_yeah:

I saw this thread last night as I was about to leave, but didn't have time to answer...

This is how my game has always played.

Barracuda

foo_jam2002
11-18-16, 08:11 PM
Thank you all, it's good to know that this is normal. Normal, at least for the game, because in reality, when a sailor would go to man the flak gun, the others wouldn't leave the watch officer alone, unless he wanted to be left alone with his thoughts in the cold weather of the meditarranean sea :). This is a very warm welcome from a friendly forum and i am happy to be here and to read interesting stuff.

UKönig
11-29-16, 08:22 PM
That's not a bug, it was standard procedure. For safety reasons if the surface guns were on standby then all non essential personnel were down below. In the case of the 88mm cannon, some of the crew would form a relay and pass up the shells from the hold. There was also a watertight storage bin on deck that held a ready supply of rounds, but the rest came up from below, so it's probably better not to have a crowd on deck. Certainly not like U-441, shot full of holes by 3 beaufigters with over 24 men, including the captain, badly hurt. The extra crew of course, needed to man the new flak systems, themselves not a good idea...

foo_jam2002
12-01-16, 09:05 PM
I didn't know this UKonig, so it's good that you mentioned it.