PDA

View Full Version : Time Compression question

KaleunJoost
09-14-16, 12:15 PM
Hi fellow Kaleuns,

I have been playing this game off and on for a long time.
Ever since first playing seriously i have had one problem with this game.
Whenever i run time compression and go do something else in the room, i cant hear the messages anymore.

What i mean by this is when my crew would scream things like ship spotted or airplane spotted.

I'm currently running GWX 3.0 and nothing else.

Could anyone please suggest a mod or some changes i can make in a file to fix this?

Thanks guys!

GoldenRivet
09-15-16, 02:40 AM
what mods are you using?

"ship spotted" etc should drop the time compression automatically to a default value of 1x or some other lower value and queue the appropriate sound file.

THEBERBSTER
09-15-16, 04:32 AM
A Warm Welcome Back To The Subsim Community > KaleunJoost
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=2033119%23post2033119)
Highly Recommended SH3 > LIVING SILENT HUNTER III EDITION 2015 Mega Mod (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=220285) > Full Tutorials And Much More In My Signature

What you describe happens in all SH versions.

RConch
09-15-16, 08:11 AM
You did not tell us what the time compression was.

Except in pre-war, I never go above 64x.

Faster compression will not allow your crew to react to a threat nor warn you because the event is over and you have missed the target or got killed.

Too much time compression and inattention to the game is a known killer.:Kaleun_Salute:

At least that is my experience.

KaleunJoost
09-16-16, 12:20 PM
In response to the questions.
- I'm talking about 32x time compression
- I am running GWX 3.0 and no other mods
- I am referring not solely to being set back to tc 1x but i am referring to also hearing the voice message related with a message.

Aktungbby
09-16-16, 12:34 PM
KaleunJoost!:Kaleun_Salute:

Jimbuna
09-17-16, 09:50 AM
Welcome to SubSim Joost :Kaleun_Salute: