PDA

View Full Version : FOTR 1.3

steinbeck
07-01-16, 03:43 AM
What is the optimum cruising speed? is it Ahead 2/3, 7 knots or ahead full, 11 knots.
I am also starting a career at Midway. I am trying FOTR 1.3 as patched to 1.5

I ask because yesterday I tried TMO +RSRD +some othr small mods and was given Luzon Straits to patrol for 72 hours, again from Midway start.
But using Ahead 2/3, I had used almost 3/4 of my fuel and still hadn't reached the Straits. I was nearly 1.000 mile away.
Trying with Ahead Full is even worse, almost empty and still not near patrol area.

Thank You

XTBilly
07-01-16, 04:23 AM
What is the optimum cruising speed? is it Ahead 2/3, 7 knots or ahead full, 11 knots.
I am also starting a career at Midway. I am trying FOTR 1.3 as patched to 1.5

I ask because yesterday I tried TMO +RSRD +some othr small mods and was given Luzon Straits to patrol for 72 hours, again from Midway start.
But using Ahead 2/3, I had used almost 3/4 of my fuel and still hadn't reached the Straits. I was nearly 1.000 mile away.
Trying with Ahead Full is even worse, almost empty and still not near patrol area.

Thank You

Hi Steinbeck,

The optimum cruising speed to reach your patrol zone and return to base is Ahead Standard.
That's the most balanced speed setting for mile coverage and fuel consumption.

Regards,
Billy.

max-peck
07-01-16, 04:42 AM
The optimum cruising speed to reach your patrol zone and return to base is Ahead Standard.

This is true in stock and most mods

It is not true if you are running TMO 2.5
In TMO 2.5 ahead standard will give you about 15-16 knots, and eat up a hell of a lot of fuel
In TMO 2.5 I used to manually set my speed to about 10-11 knots for good fuel consumption

XTBilly
07-01-16, 04:46 AM
This is true in stock and most mods

It is not true if you are running TMO 2.5
In TMO 2.5 ahead standard will give you about 15-16 knots, and eat up a hell of a lot of fuel
In TMO 2.5 I used to manually set my speed to about 10-11 knots for good fuel consumption

Very true and good info here mate!:up:

Cheers,
Billy.

steinbeck
07-01-16, 08:36 AM
Hi Steinbeck,

Regards,
Billy.

I meant to say 'Ahead Standard' Never actually used 'Ahead Full'

XTBilly
07-01-16, 09:45 AM
I meant to say 'Ahead Standard' Never actually used 'Ahead Full'

Excuse me, I'm afraid I got a little confused. You're asking about the optimum cruising speed in FOTRS v1.3, right? In all subs except the S class and the Narwhal, Ahead Standard should give you 10-11 knots, which is ideal for mile coverage vs fuel consumption.

As Max-peck said, TMO has different speed settings which give you different speeds than FOTRS.

In any case, manually selecting 10 knots cruising speed from the speed dial will give you the best range.

Regards,
Billy.

mikesn9
07-01-16, 11:23 AM
I put in the fuel range patch, and use it to determine range at any speed. I have found that 10-12 knots is usually best (1.5, no mods). I also use it to determine how fast I can go to get to the closest refit base without running of fuel.
I don't have the name or location of that patch, I'm out of town with no way to search my desktop for the info, but I know that some of the guys here can direct you to it.

hcs53
07-02-16, 05:04 AM
I am also using FOTR 1.3 as patched to 1.5,I started at Midway and when I reached Honshu my fueltanks are at 83%,speed 10kn.

Henny

steinbeck
07-03-16, 03:20 AM
I am also using FOTR 1.3 as patched to 1.5,I started at Midway and when I reached Honshu my fueltanks are at 83%,speed 10kn.

Henny

It was with TMO +RSRD I had the problem.

Fotr 1.3 is fine, I have no problems.