PDA

View Full Version : Crew Fatigue

Dr_Sir
06-08-16, 04:48 AM
Hi everyone

I just got my hands on the IXC and mein gott, it is a behemoth of a boat, doing some reading i learned that i can cross the atlantic and back again but then I realised an issue I have been having In my VIII C that could be worse in the IXC

Fatigue:/\\!!

Micromanaging the crew was surely not the Captain (skippers?) Job. The crew would be on shifts. Is there a mod for this or should I just disable fatigue? For me its really immersion breaking and I can only have 2 officers resting at once. So on a long haul I'll end up with a very tired crew with grumpy officers. I try to keep my watch officer as rested as possible but that eventuallt leaves the helmsmen thouroghly exauhsted after a while

Thanks in advance!

Aquelarrefox
06-08-16, 07:53 AM
hi. install the sh3coomander. it could disable the fatigue or enable an scripted fatigue system.

personally that micromagment is the best part of job, i use a custom system for 8 hours and a 4 hours rotation in storms or attaking (and scaping). The lose of performance is important. The bad perfomance of engines decreace the distances you can tranvel, the performance of deck crew could be very impoortant skiping ships (patched game).

Coldcall
06-08-16, 12:58 PM
I use the GWX 8 hour setting (SH3 Commander) and its okay for the most part except when one is in 32 TC which seems to accelerate fatigue at an enormous rate. Luckily it also removes fatigue at a similar rate for those resting. I assume this is a bug.

Sailor Steve
06-08-16, 05:19 PM
I used to use the GWX 8-Hour setting, but I found that during a storm the watch crew lasted about two hours before they had to be swapped out. This got old fast, especially in a Type II, where there was never enough crew to keep up.

I now use the No Fatigue option. Unrealistic as far as fatigue itself goes, but much more realistic from the captain's point of view.

Aquelarrefox
06-08-16, 06:56 PM
I use the GWX 8 hour setting (SH3 Commander) and its okay for the most part except when one is in 32 TC which seems to accelerate fatigue at an enormous rate. Luckily it also removes fatigue at a similar rate for those resting. I assume this is a bug.

yes running tc 32 the degradation is very strong, but also they revoer very quickly. The model is not very acurate, but its better than nothing to me.

Coldcall
06-09-16, 03:20 AM
Yes I´m considering switching to no fatigue as I am spending more time manually switching crew into and out of quarters. This is especially obvious when stalking enemy ships where the TC only allows a max 32, thereby exaggerating fatigue.

I rather have a manual system but it is getting distracting.

Aquelarrefox
06-09-16, 05:23 AM
thats the idea, all the things that destrac you. Its like been lost in map after an attack a convoy with a long scape rounded by deep charges, where you lost you position by the evation moves though hours.

Leoz
06-09-16, 07:10 PM
When I went though my period of hundreds of hours of stock SHIII, I ended up disabling it in the config file.

Tried the same trick the other day when I just started using GWX3 and broke it.

All the proper remove and reinstall process to get SHIII/GWX3 running again and really in the end, have just learned to live with (and manage) fatigue in the GWX3 world. Have a stable setup so I will just press on.

Pure fantasy for me would be config buttons where you assign different crew to the first/second and third watch/ and battle stations. Managed with the clock. What might have been. :cool:

"Dr. Sir, permission to make ready the 2nd Watch?"

Coldcall
06-10-16, 01:59 AM
When I went though my period of hundreds of hours of stock SHIII, I ended up disabling it in the config file.

Tried the same trick the other day when I just started using GWX3 and broke it.

All the proper remove and reinstall process to get SHIII/GWX3 running again and really in the end, have just learned to live with (and manage) fatigue in the GWX3 world. Have a stable setup so I will just press on.

Pure fantasy for me would be config buttons where you assign different crew to the first/second and third watch/ and battle stations. Managed with the clock. What might have been. :cool:

"Dr. Sir, permission to make ready the 2nd Watch?"

If you load GWX3 through SH3 Commander there is an option to turn fatigue off.

Leoz
06-13-16, 11:56 PM
Thanks Cold.

Will look into that eventually.

Took me forever to make the leap to GWX3. :woot:

Jokerman
06-14-16, 04:42 AM
I'm finding the SH3Commander fatigue much better than the base game as also it adds a whole other level of focus.

I've actually taken to putting the sub down somewhere safe for an evening ... this allows everyone to rest for a while before proceeding .... I don't know if this is what was done but it what this Captain has decided to do.

I've just re-started a career and I'm back in a IIb still in December '39.

Actually, I've had a bit of an extended break for SH and I decided to go aback to SH3 (with GWX and OLC being my preferred setup).

I've just come back into port after 1 month out at sea ...

How long typically are you guys?

Leoz
06-14-16, 05:06 PM
As an experiment, I am considering having a crew where the Chief and/or Senior Petty Officers in the following 'roles' (er...I know the crew in the game isn't analog to the historic crew in some ways) are given the 'Medic' qualification.

Obersteuermann (Chief Quartermaster)
Crew supervision, discipline

Navigator (Chief boatswain)
Navigation and provisioning of supplies.

Bootsmann Navigator
Crew discipline.

The reason? As in the game, the medic qualification helps if it is in the crew quarters...I am going to push it further, that good quartermaster duties and discipline activity, also keep more availability in the crew....

Just an idea that might be way off but I'll see what, if anything, happens. :88) Probably a dead end.