PDA

View Full Version : Can someone identify these labels.

Gotmilk
05-31-16, 06:16 AM
This is taken from the u995. It is an information gold mine since almost every valve is accompanied by a label giving a brief description of its exact purpose.

I have been looking for a high resolution screenshots and translated many of these labels but the ones that are eluding me are these. Any historian here or anyone who has access to this information, can you tell me whats on these labels. I guess those valves are tied to blowing air but there are so many of them and what do they exactly do.

Many thanks

http://s33.postimg.org/501g4tfr3/indicators.png

CaptBones
08-19-16, 07:44 PM
A little late in seeing this post...and maybe this wouldn't help that much.

But, if you go to "uboatarchive.net" you'll find technical documentation for the Type VIIC. In Section A III of the manual, pg. 44, there is a schematic diagram of the three manifolds in your photo: HP Air Distributor, Ballast Tank Blowing Distributor and LP Air Distributor. Each valve on each distributor is numbered and the numbers have corresponding functional identification labels.

The manual available at this site was translated into English and all of the diagram labeling is in English. However, you might be able to "reverse-translate" the labels and get at least a good approximation of what the actual tags should have printed on them.

Gotmilk
11-17-16, 04:12 AM
Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate it :Kaleun_Salute: