PDA

View Full Version : Voice Attack in SH5 - Voice commands for SH

siege00
04-04-16, 09:54 PM
I play flight sims as well and picked up Voice Attack for $8 if I remember correctly to help with wingman communications. I decided to create a profile for SH5 and will try SH3 next, and all I can say is it works awesomely... without having to mod the game itself and worry about conflicts. Granted, it's just a key command / button command sender, but has a really cool interface for supporting advanced programming (ie. logic statements).

Just wanted to put that out there in case anyone is interested. It's just voiceattack.com and I think it comes with a trial.

THEBERBSTER
04-05-16, 05:55 AM
Hi siege
If you have a good quality microphone Speech Recognition_MiTtons_NewUI_Edition_v0.4_English mod works well in SH5 and will not ctd unless it confuses your orders.
Peter

siege00
04-05-16, 09:13 AM
I was going to try it, but I already had Voice Attack and like the profile control. I also like Voice Attack's ability to chain in-game commands together with a single voice command. Example: Crash Dive (since the quick command has been removed) will accelerate me to flank and dive. Another idea, I haven't tested the timing on it yet, would be "Knuckle left": Ahead Flank, Left Full Rudder, Wait for xx seconds, Rudder Amidships. It can also execute multiple commands at the same time so I can give other orders while the pause is happening, like "Dive" as well as control the verbiage of commands that will be accepted making it accept both "Left Full Rudder" and "Rudder Hard to Port", etc. :)

wildcard9766
05-23-16, 01:45 AM
is Voice attack any good? you able to command change of direction by given a bearing to turn to and submerge by given a depth?

siege00
06-15-16, 07:22 PM
Sorry so late... work's been a nightmare.

I don't think there's a way to give specific headings, at least not via voice attack which is basically just mimicking keyboard shortcuts. I do like voice attack though and use it for other games as well.