PDA

View Full Version : CAWS 1.61 and GWX3?

Von Due
03-31-16, 08:18 AM
After nearly 2 days of fiddling, I still can't get CAWS to work with the current mods package. I am aware there is no guaranty CAWS will work with GWX at all but still... got to try.

Res: 1366x768
Windows 8.1

Mods before adding CAWS:
GWX3
WS MaGui v3.4-SA
TMT v2 (GWX)
WS MaGui v3.4-SA FIX
This combo works.

Adding right after the FIX:
CAWS 1.61
*the large dropdown compass on the nav map no longer works but is stuck at due north
*resolution issues due to 1360 vs 1366 (I assume)
*new compass works but the old large one doesn't)
*the appearance of a gauge on the attack scope in the upper left that seems to be the one from older versions of MaGui EXCEPT the outer scale is missing

Adding
Optional CAWS 1.61 MFM
*same issues as before

Adding
Optional CAWS 1.61 x1366
*resolution issue fixed
*compass still stuck
*that partly missing gauge is still there

Anyone having any luck with
GWX3 + WS MaGui + CAWS 1.6
where all the gauges work and where the large compass on the nav map works?

if so, can you spot the problem out of the mods list and order of installation?

(Also, any way of bringing back in full that nifty litte lauge on the attack scope screen, in the upper left that appears to be a bearing gauge (or a gyro gauge)? It was there in previous versions of MaGui but now it's gone except for [see above])

sublynx
03-31-16, 08:30 AM
You won't be able to get CAWS working with GWX without editing menu_1024_768.ini file by hand. That's a lot of work. I would have done the editing myself if I had had more time.

Von Due
03-31-16, 08:32 AM
Whatever rank you have, I promote you for saving my sanity. Thanks tons, this was driving me up the walls.
A real pity though as CAWS appears to be gold.

sublynx
03-31-16, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the kind words :arrgh!: It would be nice to have it modded for GWX and the upcoming new version of WAC, but as it is I can't do it. Hopefully some new modder with more time in his hands will someday take CAWS as a base for an all new and improved mod.

Aquelarrefox
04-13-16, 09:37 AM
hi, im doing a version of Optional CAWS 1.61 MFM for gwx 3 gold. i fixed some issues, i didnt see a resolution problem but several errors.

i change reco plots for B/W manual, incluiding L/H ratio and a better order. the flags too.

i erased rules but i think i will reincorporate, im testing becose i had a strange bug with upper part of map in navigation screen, but it could be other thing.

i have to fix the all tools compass missing, vital to the real navigation. Also i separate a mod to hide all subs froms map. (for some reason jsea no work propiety and its needed to change an ini file manualy)

i have some minor problem with flagg position and the attack disk, i havent new attack disk but im thinking direcly change the image. The old attack disck reverse and aob should be disponible to. also i have to see the new back attack disk. Any way this is a minor suff becose disck are operational in old version (wood).

Fix map and mines chart.

Realy is getting me crazy but mybe i can fix the main things.

Von Due
04-13-16, 10:46 AM
The entire post.

I don't think there is an emoticon to do this justice but that would be absolutely awesome! I'm sorry my modding skills are at absolute novice level or else I would sign up for voluntary work. If you could use an absolute novice though, slip me a PM.

Aquelarrefox
04-13-16, 05:44 PM
i make it work and added speed table and vintage manual target gyro. (minor problems of location in some table. eliminate not working compass.

i dont found problems but it gets an error in loading, anyway go trough. i didnt found the element id in menu so i dont know how to fix. i more relationed with modding paralax strategy game than ubisoft party games.

i will load a media fire link. and if some one know how to fix this error please give me instruction, also i have to fix the table position.

Aquelarrefox
04-13-16, 07:30 PM
try it. acept error until sailing screen

http://www.mediafire.com/download/260p6mphlnakft7/optional_CAWS1_61_MFM_AQUE_ver1_0.rar

Von Due
04-14-16, 12:17 AM
try it. acept error until sailing screen

http://www.mediafire.com/download/260p6mphlnakft7/optional_CAWS1_61_MFM_AQUE_ver1_0.rar

Tested. Got warnings of conflicts with the MaGui fix, ignored warnings. Loaded main menu, loaded office, missing ID error when loading sub.

Mods in use
Widescreen MaGui v3.4-SA
WideScreen MaGui v3.4-SA FIX for GWX v3
TMT v2 (GWX3 version)
GWX - 16km Atmosphere
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - Late War Sensors Snorkel Antennas
GWX - VIIC41 Player Sub
J_to_Z_Class_mod
J_to_Z_Class_visual_fix
guns_UK
Merchant_Fleet_Mod_3.2
CAWS 1.61
optional_CAWS1_61_MFM_AQUE_ver

The [G31 I4] item is the item with the missing ID 0x3f060992. It has the only reference to that ID.

That item [G31 I4] has a different ID as well as function in your version. That's the only idea I have as to the missing ID.

EDIT: Removed CAWS 1.61. Same events as before. Loaded fine until loading sub, same missing ID.

The 'original'
[G31 I4]
Name=POINTER user
Type=1031;Stat bmp array
ItemID=0x3F060992
ParentID=0x31001000

ItemID=0x31001000 is

[G31 I2]
Name=HUGE COMPASS
Type=1026; Menu Group
ItemID=0x31001000
ParentID=0x31000000

This is a bit odd. None of these items are in your menu file as per ID and function. In your file there is no reference to the missing ID and still it gives an error. I'm not sure how important it is that I2 is a menu group (Type=1026) but still.

sublynx
04-14-16, 10:31 AM
Great to hear that you're revamping the thing! I'm very pressed for time at this moment, but if you're still doing this in July when I hope to have a couple of weeks off, I might be able to offer some help in testing. Can't promise that for sure, though - right now my laptop in held ttogether by some electric tape here and there.

Aquelarrefox
04-14-16, 10:06 PM
im uploding a version that solves all exepts that ids... i couldent fix thse warnings but i was playing for some hours and sinking some woth out issues.

but i hope in next version of caws they get a bigger compass.

play and sayme if you get some issue, for me was a good trip over east england.

test this file. If some one could fix it better, i should incluid a text file too.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/27wonoik2gils6d/optional_CAWS1_61_MFM_for_gwx3_1.rar