PDA

View Full Version : MaGui career CTD frustration

Thrackerzod
03-23-16, 11:46 AM
Before all else, I am running GWX 3.0.
So I've been troubleshooting for about the past week trying to get the MaGui:http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166320 mod to cooperate. Now if anybody can correct me if I'm wrong I would appreciate it, but at least from my hours of reinstalling SH3 multiple times and trying different mod orders, running with MaGui causes a CTD when starting a brand new career when
1. I am running Thomsen's Sound Pack V3.2 loaded BEFORE MaGui

and

2. Attempting to start a career created via SH3 Commander

In BOTH cases it works 100% fine when doing the single missions, EXCEPT for when Thomsen's Sound Pack is loaded AFTER MaGui...and then bits and pieces of the interface both in the menus and the UI itself in the sub are in German, even with text language set to English.

GWX - Main movie - 'Das Boot'
Moon_light_mod
OLC's Modified Searchlight Beams for GWX3
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi V2.3 for GWX3
Waterstream+Exhaust Combi - Single Exhaust for TypeII
GWX - Enhanced Damage Effects
GWX - No Medals on Crew
M.E.P v5
M.E.P v5- VisualSensors for GWX3
MaGui F
TMT v2 with EFS (GWX3 version)
optional-ALTERNATIVE SCOPES with speedlines stopwatch for MaGui F
Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME)

This is the mod order I have had the Most success with, and can at the very least create and run a career created Without SH3 Commander. I also have the exact same issues attempting to use the Widescreen MaGui mod as well, completely identical. MaGui loaded in JSGME entirely by itself also works 100% in single missions, and in "vanilla" GWX careers...but not SH3 Commander created careers.
Now I could be wrong, and if ANYBODY can chime in and tell me this works for them, tell me, because so far at least for me I cannot get MaGui to cooperate with SH3 Commander careers, nor Thomsen's Sound Pack. Is there a way to make them work together and not **** the bed? :p
I've been at this for hours now so I'm pretty tired and probably left out information that could help. If so, let me know.

bstanko6
03-23-16, 01:03 PM
This is just my opinion, but GWX as great as it is visually, CTD's all the time even without those mods. I went to NYGM and never looked back. I use maGUI and do not have that problem. Good luck to you.

Thrackerzod
03-23-16, 01:23 PM
I've seriously considered just switching megamods...GWX is great, but it also hasn't been updated since 2009 and both NYGM and LSH are Much more up to date, so I wouldn't be surprised if my issues are simply a result of GWX just being...old. I'll try out NYGM, never have before.

Aktungbby
03-23-16, 01:26 PM
Thrackerzod! :Kaleun_Salute:AFTER A LONG SILENT RUN!

bstanko6
03-23-16, 02:14 PM
Just know that in NYGM, it works with a lot of different mods. I got mine pretty close to GWX level. Just when you download and set it up, search through all sub folders for mods it comes with it. You will be surprised at the extra material it comes with.

siege00
03-23-16, 03:05 PM
Before giving it up, try running SH3 in compatibility mode for Win XP SP2. I used to use a similar configuration as you and had regular CTDs when trying to start or load a campaign. This cured what ailed me.

This also happened to me recently with SH3 running on Win 10, after loading Thomsen's Sound Pack. Hopefully this works for you as well.

Thrackerzod
03-23-16, 03:21 PM
So I set it to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2...annnd it finally works...mostly. :D I can at Least create and do careers without SH3C. I still need to check out NYGM, but as long as MaGui works with it, then I'll be happy. MaGui is just about probably the only mod I Really won't give up, I love MaGui's UI waaayyy too much.

siege00
03-24-16, 10:38 AM
So I set it to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2...annnd it finally works...mostly. :D I can at Least create and do careers without SH3C. I still need to check out NYGM, but as long as MaGui works with it, then I'll be happy. MaGui is just about probably the only mod I Really won't give up, I love MaGui's UI waaayyy too much.

Great to hear! And yes, I know how you feel about Magui. It's a great looking mod!