PDA

View Full Version : SH5 Speech Recognition Problem

THEBERBSTER
02-25-16, 05:28 AM
I am trying to use the SH5 speech recognition mod with TWOS.

Each time speech recognition is turned on the Ruler map tool can be seen pulsing by lighting itself and then turning itself off again.

This places the Ruler on either of the maps for a few seconds and then removes itself until repeating the same actions again and again.

Trying to place any of the other map tools becomes impossible as they are constantly being replaced by the ruler.

Turning speech recognition off and the problem goes away.

Very odd.

Peter

Sjizzle
02-25-16, 07:36 AM
I am trying to use the SH5 speech recognition mod with TWOS.

Each time speech recognition is turned on the Ruler map tool can be seen pulsing by lighting itself and then turning itself off again.

This places the Ruler on either of the maps for a few seconds and then removes itself until repeating the same actions again and again.

Trying to place any of the other map tools becomes impossible as they are constantly being replaced by the ruler.

Turning speech recognition off and the problem goes away.

Very odd.

Peter

there was a fix for this if i recall correctly but not sure ....Stoianm1 was who used speech recognition give some times to do some search on my HDD's

DieReeperbahn
02-25-16, 08:11 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=2382152&postcount=467

THEBERBSTER
02-25-16, 09:53 AM
Hi guys
Thank you both your replies.
You are quite right Sjizzle Stoianm was was a big believer in speech recognition.
I will check VAC out as soon as I have the time, certainly looks quite interesting from looking at your link.
Peter

THEBERBSTER
02-25-16, 12:24 PM
I found the problem when retesting the mod.
I usually place the microphone boom at the bottom of my chin so it is out of view.
My breathing which I cannot hear is being picked up through the microphone as a ruler command.
Repositioning the microphone boom above my nose level cures the problem as you can see in the picture a before and after.
http://i66.tinypic.com/eh0oc4.jpg

As I said before "very odd"
Peter

sshellokitty
02-25-16, 02:17 PM
If the problem is just with your mic picking up background noise then I would simply set up a "push to talk" key.

THEBERBSTER
02-26-16, 05:19 AM
Hi sshk
It is not a problem now I know what was causing the problem. I could not work out why a map tool should be conflicting with speech, if it was it should have shown up in JSGME.

I enabled a new version of the mod and as you can see found the problem in the speech testing.

I will now use the mute switch in future now I know how sensitive my microphone is.

Peter

sshellokitty
02-27-16, 12:24 AM
Speech rec sounds interesting, I might have to look into it.