PDA

View Full Version : New player stuck in first campaign mission (WoS mod)

Waervyn
02-02-16, 03:56 PM
Hi!

I just installed the Wolves of Steel mod according to all instructions. The only thing I didn't install (yet) is the realnavigation, as I first want to get an idea of how I complete missions etc., before diving in proper!

However, I have a problem! During the first campaign, I have to fire torpedo's at a ship. I manage that and the game continues. It wants me to draw waypoints on the map for my submarine to go to, but that mission never completes, so I'm not entirely sure what to do. I guess it's the mod not playing nice with the campaign?

I googled and searched here on the forums but couldn't come across an answer. I though...aah well, maybe I'll just start on the second campaign, but that one's locked.

Thanks!

THEBERBSTER
02-02-16, 06:50 PM
Hi Waervyn
Trust me, it is not a mod problem, this game runs as smooth as silk if you have followed all the instructions correctly.

Ok, so you are in the first mission,'Baltic Operation.'
Did you read the TWOS instructions 'Step 7' and do the manual save in the bunker before starting the mission, very important that this is done.
did you then use this save to load the game?

The mission really has 2 objectives.
You do not need to actually sink the 2 warships (task force) only to see them.
You need to sink 2 merchants to complete the objective.
You will then receive a radio message telling you that your base is now Kiel.
You will still see your base showing at Memel until you are well on your way to Kiel.

Do a manual save about 200km from Kiel and exit the game before continuing.
Keep your TC down approaching Kiel or you may get a CTD.
Peter

Cybermat47
02-03-16, 03:05 AM
Sounds like you forgot to disable the stock game tutorial. See the Wolves of Steel thread on instructions how to do this :)

Waervyn
02-03-16, 03:09 AM
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, now that I read the thread, that seems to be true. I installed the mod through the famous youtube video of thenorsecast. I don't think he mentioned that I had to do that, but I could have missed it.

Thanks again!