PDA

View Full Version : Difference attack periscope and observation persicope?

MCM
01-24-16, 09:42 AM
Hi,

I know from SH3 that the attack periscope has a smaller head so less visible in SH3. Same in SH5? And the observation persicope has the advantage of looking straight up in the sky and is better at night. Any more to say?

Niume
01-24-16, 01:18 PM
Obervation periscope has bigger head so its easier to enemy to spot you and IF you have wolfes of steel modpack ship really see periscope like you can be like 200 meters away and they will spot it so use attack periscope

MCM
01-24-16, 02:40 PM
I have wolves of steel mod. So no use of observation persicope? But I think the distance to see a periscope is far more out isn't it?

vdr1981
01-25-16, 02:50 AM
I have wolves of steel mod. So no use of observation persicope? But I think the distance to see a periscope is far more out isn't it?

It depends of weather condition, light, unit skill ect...

MCM
01-25-16, 03:43 AM
I only asked because of the 200m: I even fear raising the persicope when merchant or DD is 2km away. Or don't they see it at all 2 km away, even on day with best weather conditions?

vdr1981
01-25-16, 03:49 AM
I only asked because of the 200m: I even fear raising the persicope when merchant or DD is 2km away. Or don't they see it at all 2 km away, even on day with best weather conditions?
I don't think they can spot your periscope at that distance...

Cybermat47
01-25-16, 06:44 AM
The attack periscope is for attack. The observation periscope is for making sure that there isn't a destroyer or aircraft waiting for you when the attack is over.