PDA

View Full Version : Maybe, just maybe there is hope for the human species. Another feel good story

Platapus
01-16-16, 07:58 AM
Woman tries to return coat, store’s response goes viral

http://wtvr.com/2016/01/14/woman-tries-to-return-coat-stores-response-goes-viral/

SEATTLE — Anyone who has tried to return something at a store knows it can be stressful. But when Kelly Blue Kinkel tried to return a coat she ordered before Christmas, she got an entirely different experience.
Kinkel shared her story on Facebook. In her post, she wrote she had one of the best customer service experiences of her life after deciding to return the coat to Zulily (http://q13fox.com/2016/01/13/woman-tries-to-return-coat-stores-response-goes-viral/).“I called customer service and asked how to return the unopened coat for a refund. I spoke with a sweet young man named Patrick, and he let me know he would refund my money immediately. I asked again how to send it back, and he said, ‘Please don’t send it back. If you know someone who needs a winter coat or if you would like to donate it to a charity, that would make us very happy.'”
Kinkel thought he was joking. But when she realized he was serious, she was brought to tears.
Kinkel says she’s now loyal Zulily customer.
“I just don’t know other companies that do this, do you? I thought Zulily was pretty incredible before, but after today, I’m a customer for LIFE. The world needs more LOVE like that. Honest business. Honest ethics. How refreshing!” I had a simular experience with a company called Chewy.com. They are a pet supply store. I had ordered some expensive Hydrolyzed Protein food as part of a food test for one of my dogs. We had put the order on automatic renewal. After a few weeks, our vet stopped the test and we were unable to stop the next shipment of this rather expensive specialized food.

There I was, stuck with a large bag of food that I could not use and a rather expensive bill to my credit card.

I called the customer service and they told me that they would cancel the future orders and refund the purchase of the bag that was delivered (refund, not store credit). I asked them how I can return the bag. They said don't bother, but to please donate it to a shelter/dog rescue organization where they had a dog that needed this food.

Guess where I buy my dog supplies from?

Guess where I tell everyone else where and why I buy my dog supplies from?

Companies like the ones mentioned in this post understand the value of longer term customer service instead of short term. I have already spent more than the cost of the dog food on items that I would have, honestly, purchased elsewhere.

I like to reward goodly people who do goodly things.

Skybird
01-16-16, 08:27 AM
Costs of returning and organising the logistical effort and bureaucratic effort probably stood in no relation to the gain of getting back the coat. Was it an expensive or a chepa one?

And who knows, it also may be cool psychological calculation to hook customers "for life". Some German beer producers "sell a square meter of rain forest" with their carries of beer bottles, therefore. Makes you feel well, you do something for nature and a better life - you are hooked, aren't you. Lets drink Krombacher for the better of the planet!

I consider to believe in the good side of such stories when it is a small private street shop, and the clerk on the other side of the table is the owner. When it is a huge store chain, or a company so big that it runs an internet-based logistics service of big size, I am naturally sceptical.

Jimbuna
01-16-16, 10:50 AM
Do Zulily sell cars? :hmm2:

Aktungbby
01-16-16, 10:52 AM
I'm felling better and more hopeful...keep these tales comin'!:up:

Wolferz
01-16-16, 06:35 PM
Do Zulily sell cars? :hmm2:

Sorry, Jim. They don't sell limos.:03:
Mostly clothing for women and children.